CarsonChris

Feb 11, 2019
Carson City NV
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've ordered the 9". I hunt areas with a lot of sage brush and in places full of iron. I want something that gets into tight places and separates through the iron. Initial depth tests don't show much of a difference in depth between the 11" and 9" coil. Both look to be hitting coins at 12".

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For those of you purchasing a Deus II, which package (coil size) will you be purchasing -- and why? Do we know yet when the standalone coils will be available for purchase/pre-order?
I have the original Deus. I have the old 11" coil, the 9" X35, and the 9.5" elliptical. I NEVER use the 11" any more, and I rarely use the elliptical. The 9" coil, for me at least, is the sweet spot for that machine. It balances beautifully, still gets in between rows of corn stubble nicely, and is a good compromise for coverage.

OP
OP
AceofBases

AceofBases

Jan 7, 2019
Detector(s) used
Deus II, MI-6, Manticore, Equinox 800, Pro Find 35, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do a fair bit of most types of hunting (save beaches)-- seems the extra 2" of the 11" coil might make sense to have at my disposal when hunting the seemingly endless farm fields (few are corn) I have permission to. But to start, the 9" seems right-- especially given I'll want to re-hunt some familiar homesites ridden with iron with the new machine. Curious when purchase of individual coils will be an option.

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Agree with vast majority that Deus II
( as with D1) is essentially a perfect for all around use. If you do have vast areas to detect the 11” is going to be worth having no doubt. If I ever have large area hunting areas I will buy the 11” coil also., but I got the 9” package. I did order the bone conduction headphones- though I don’t have the diving locations ( at this time) I just want to try them out.

CZKidd

Dec 12, 2018
NW FL
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI Beach Hunter
Equinox 800, Equinox 600
XP DEUS, XP DEUS 2
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Agree with vast majority that Deus II
( as with D1) is essentially a perfect for all around use. If you do have vast areas to detect the 11” is going to be worth having no doubt. If I ever have large area hunting areas I will buy the 11” coil also., but I got the 9” package. I did order the bone conduction headphones- though I don’t have the diving locations ( at this time) I just want to try them out.
My local Sam's club is selling them. I never put used headphones over my ears while in a store. just didnt like the thought. However I put those bone conductors on. Could not believe I could hear music like that. My wife then put them on, her reactions was the same. I understand if you stick them over your ears, your eyes may bug out when they come on.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread