DEUS questions

TheOldMan

Nov 26, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I would appreciate any info on the DEUS. I am really interested in this DEUS technology and how it performs in coinshooting. If the DEUS has four frequencies that are used one at a time then what makes for the detector locating deep coins such as the multi frequency detectors. I am getting the DEUS book and perhaps that will give some details concerning this. Also the lightweight headphones or the heavier padded ones. Also the coil sizes -which are best for general coinshooting.

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"If the DEUS has four frequencies that are used one at a time then what makes for the detector locating deep coins such as the multi frequency detectors."

As far as I'm aware, it depends on the machine and the soil it's being used in. Multi frequency isn't a guarantee of more depth over a single frequency machine, even in bad soil. In my middle-of-the-road Northern Ohio ground, the Deus with stock 9" DD coil goes about as deep as my dual frequency CZ with 8" concentric; and that's a pretty deep machine.

"Also the lightweight headphones or the heavier padded ones."

I love the backphones; very light and comfortable, and they allow me to hear everything that is going on around me. They are not as rugged as the WS5s, however, and those with larger heads may find that they don't fit as well. A lot of people prefer the heavier headphones for a good fit and also to block out background noise.

"Also the coil sizes -which are best for general coinshooting."

Some prefer the 13" coil for better ground coverage and a little bit more depth. Others prefer the 9" for better target separation in trashy areas. The upcoming 11" coil may turn out to be the best combination of both.

charlotte49er

Jun 2, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, DetectorPro Pirate Pro & Headhunter Wader, Fisher F2, F4, F75, Tesoro Compadre, Silver Umax, Vaquero, Cortes, Nugget Snoop & Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The great thing about the XP DEUS is that you can switch frequencies without changing coils. (IE: X-Terra where you have to change coils. That can get really expensive!) Where this really come in handy, is when you are hunting and you run across a coin or ring and want to find out if it's gold, you can jump the 18Khz with a touch of a few stokes of the keypad.

I was never a huge fan of the backphones. So we found the Chefphones out of England and started bringing them to the States. These are full sized headphones, but no where near the cost of the WS-5. All you have to do is "pop off" the headphone controller from the Backphones and "pop" it on the Chefphones. They make 2 different versions.

CP-6's
$T2eC16NHJIQE9qUHsE-jBQwGWuTjbQ~~60_35.JPG

CP-6e's

CP-6E.jpg

One the coils, Mrwilburino is spot on.

Charlotte , where we have a lot of iron in the red clay, the 9" works well. But you don't have to go too far and the soil becomes really sandy. That's when I switch to the 13" and it rocks. (Beach as well.)

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Feel free to give me a ring. I have many hours on the XP Deus and would love to help answer all your questions. It is an AMAZING machine to say the least. Be sure to ask for special forums deal on the XP! ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions