What's new

Digging Tools?

I have been very happy with the Lesche for dirt and turf - (yes they are pricey) I must also say that the Ames tool pictured above is
without question the most uncomfortable digger I have ever tried ! (but I am strongly left handed )
 
I agree with Keith. Buy good quality and stay away from the frustrating "spring steel" shovels out there. You may regret spending more at first, but after the second hunt you will be glad you made the choice. I went through two hand diggers and bought a Lesche. I have so much time on the Lesche that it is a full 1/2 shorter than a new one from wear. The rest broke before I wore them down.

I did bend my Sampson while trying to pull up a sprinkler. I just reversed the bend under the same spigot and it is as good as before.
 
This is the digger I want. It is a Predator Raptor model 31. Made in the USA.

images.webp
 
The one I have is this one:
64-2540-450-2f.jpg

I'm going to have the edge professional sharpened for now.
What I really one is a strong long handle steel spade I can use my foot for leverage and more force. Gotta have one like that.
I may vivit my local Army Surplus store and pick up a small folding shovel...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom