What's new

Dimes and nickles

surfin

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2007
Messages
366
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
Grayling, MI
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX
Well I spent $80 for some recycled coins from Coin star and did ok. I couldnt find anyone to sell me halves today so I bought $50 in dimes and $30 in Nickles.

Nickles won but I did good with the dime by finding one 1987d with a crack in it and two mis-stamps.

Jen did much better with the nickles and she had alot of fun. Dimes just made my eyes hurt.

Ian
 
Upvote 0
How good were the nickels? Mind telling us what exactly was found? Any war nicks or key dates or anything or just like a handful of common date 40's, etc.?

Not into that error stuff and such myself, so not sure about those dimes you found... I just check the dime rolls for silver... which is enough of a pain considering how small those damn things are... let alone date searching for errors and such. But grats on finding some keepers for you.

~Dave
 
Well,

The Nickles were bunches of pre-fourties, one shield nickle and Jen told me she found a speared buffalo. I was jumping through the roof to get of work to get home to see it. I think it is a worn gouge but I am going to take it to a coin guy for verification. I found two mis-stamped dimes and one dime with a die crack error.

Recycled from coin star as far as I understand it means that its the rolls that Kroger buys back from coinstar as part of their contract. My question is does coinstar have a practice of removing silver?

I tried to see if a coinstar was available for purchase as a contract business but they are strictly in house.
 
surfin said:
Well,

The Nickles were bunches of pre-fourties, one shield nickle and Jen told me she found a speared buffalo. I was jumping through the roof to get of work to get home to see it. I think it is a worn gouge but I am going to take it to a coin guy for verification. I found two mis-stamped dimes and one dime with a die crack error.

Recycled from coin star as far as I understand it means that its the rolls that Kroger buys back from coinstar as part of their contract. My question is does coinstar have a practice of removing silver?

I tried to see if a coinstar was available for purchase as a contract business but they are strictly in house.

What was the date on the shield nickel? Those are rare.
 
A shield nickel... WOW that is intense. Those are VERY rare to find out in the wild. VERY nice work.

Like I have mentioned before... I've gone through well over a grand in nickels and have yet to find a SINGLE buffalo, let alone a V, and wouldn't even DARE to think about getting a shield.

~Dave
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom