L ldrigg71 Jr. Member Joined Feb 25, 2008 Messages 47 Reaction score 0 Golden Thread 0 Location Lamont,The STICKS!! Detector(s) used ACE 250 Oct 20, 2010 #1 Has anyone else found a dime with a mint date of 200? They are also missing the I and W from "In God We Trust". I found one recently. Upvote 0
Has anyone else found a dime with a mint date of 200? They are also missing the I and W from "In God We Trust". I found one recently.
silvereagle78 Sr. Member Joined Mar 14, 2009 Messages 453 Reaction score 5 Golden Thread 0 Location The Burgh PA Detector(s) used Minelab Explorer SE, Whites SilverEagle Oct 20, 2010 #2 I have found similiar coins, my guess is it may be a "struck through" error. HH, SE
L ldrigg71 Jr. Member Joined Feb 25, 2008 Messages 47 Reaction score 0 Golden Thread 0 Location Lamont,The STICKS!! Detector(s) used ACE 250 Oct 20, 2010 Thread Owner #3 I was thinking it may be where the dies were cleaned a little to aggressively along the edges but I am not proficient in coins,mint errors and such.
I was thinking it may be where the dies were cleaned a little to aggressively along the edges but I am not proficient in coins,mint errors and such.
Ltrain Sr. Member Joined Sep 13, 2010 Messages 309 Reaction score 1 Golden Thread 0 Oct 20, 2010 #4 Probably just an overgreased die.
jrf30 Bronze Member Joined May 7, 2006 Messages 1,896 Reaction score 385 Golden Thread 0 Detector(s) used dfx, Ryedale! Oct 21, 2010 #5 ldrigg71 said: Has anyone else found a dime with a mint date of 200? They are also missing the I and W from "In God We Trust". I found one recently. Click to expand... Pic please. :-) Sounds like over greasing of a die.
ldrigg71 said: Has anyone else found a dime with a mint date of 200? They are also missing the I and W from "In God We Trust". I found one recently. Click to expand... Pic please. :-) Sounds like over greasing of a die.
AGCoinHunter Bronze Member Joined Aug 13, 2009 Messages 2,074 Reaction score 25 Golden Thread 0 Detector(s) used ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH) Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Oct 21, 2010 #6 Wow, thats 1800 years old. Amazing...