What's new

Dive Sites for Hutchinson Island Florida

  • Thread starter Thread starter bulletcc99
  • Start date Start date
B

bulletcc99

Guest
Hey everyone,

My familiy is visiting Hutchinson Island of Florida's treasure coast. I was wondering if there were any close to shore wrecks or if the beaches there were ideal for metal detecting? I just got mu scuba license, so I want to try it out. Thanks i advance,
Kieran Carroll
 
Kieran First let me say welcome to Florida and congratulations on your dive certification. Let me direct you to My Florida.com http://dhr.dos.state.fl.us/archaeol...e/shipwrecks/shipwreck.cfm?name=North_America
You will find all the state protected wreck sites. However, don?t take anything off these sites. The Urca is the closest to your location, and is a good beach dive. I would also suggest that you head VFR Direct to the nearest book store and get a copy of ?Diving Guide to Underwater Florida?. This book is a must for diving any place in Florida.
Do not dive with your metal detector within 3000 yards on any of the leased wrecks along the treasure coast, but hunt the beach between the dune and the low tide line.

HH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom