What's new

Do you have any family connections to...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kentucky Kache
  • Start date Start date
K

Kentucky Kache

Guest
outlaws of fame? I guess infamy would be a better word.

I have a connection with the James Lewis Dalton family, who's sons comprised the Dalton gang. James Lewis Dalton married Adaline Younger, who was an aunt of the infamous Cole Younger. I haven't made any connections with Jesse James, but his father's middle name is the same as my Mother's maiden name.
 
No outlaws. And, thank god, no politicians.

OT
 
Not me, But my good American friend "Misty" is related to "wild bill" Hickok! (not an outlaw i know..but same time frame!)
 
My grandmother's father, who I obviously never got the chance to meet, was a riverboat gambler, shot dead while playing cards. That's all I got......that I know about.
 
I have been told that i am a 23rd cousin to John Wilkes Booth but have never seen any thing to prove it!!!!

Chug!!! :o :o
 
I have been told that I am a cousin to the Lone Range. But I don't have the money like he did.....Matt
 
Kentucky Kache said:
outlaws of fame? I guess infamy would be a better word.

I have a connection with the James Lewis Dalton family, who's sons comprised the Dalton gang. James Lewis Dalton married Adaline Younger, who was an aunt of the infamous Cole Younger. I haven't made any connections with Jesse James, but his father's middle name is the same as my Mother's maiden name.
They had a place to hide here in California not far from me so i understand. Only thing i can think of is my bro was an alter boy for 12 years :-X
 
Kentucky Kache said:
outlaws of fame? I guess infamy would be a better word.

I have a connection with the James Lewis Dalton family, who's sons comprised the Dalton gang. James Lewis Dalton married Adaline Younger, who was an aunt of the infamous Cole Younger. I haven't made any connections with Jesse James, but his father's middle name is the same as my Mother's maiden name.

There is a very slim connection by marriage:
Cole's grandfather sired 19 children by 4 different women, but for the sake of brevity, I'll refer to them all as brother and sister. Cole's father had a sister, Adeline, who married Lewis Dalton and was mother of the infamous Dalton brothers. He had a brother, Bruce, that was briefly married to a woman who later gained notoriety as Belle Starr. Another brother, Thomas Coleman (for whom "Cole" was named), was the second husband of Augusta Peters Inskeep. Augusta's sister was the mother of John Peters Ringo (better known as Johnny Ringo). Her maternal grandmother was the sister of Benjamin Simms, who was the second husband of Zerelda James (mother of Frank and Jesse).
 
My dad once said his dad use to brew bathtub gin for Dutch Schultz in the twenties.
 

Attachments

  • P__Dutch Schultz.webp
    P__Dutch Schultz.webp
    9.3 KB · Views: 165

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom