Do you seasoned folks find something all the time ?

jsandman

Dec 8, 2010
Schiller Park Illinois
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Just like the title says to you guys with a lot of metal detecting under your belt still get skunked occasionally ?

I went out this morning for a couple hours and found 26 cents in clad, 3 batteries, tons of screw tops, a fake pearl and other junk.

Tell me these days are far and few between ...........gold one day drought the next.

James

Gimmie The Loot

Bronze Member
May 11, 2010
Driftwood, TX
Detector(s) used
etrac, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I get skunked sometimes and end up going home with some change and 5lbs of junk metal but its always good to get outside and at least clean up the ground a little. Now that you got some junk out of the way, go back there and see what is below it! Lots of guys find silver that way. Gotta clean up the surface first to get to the deep stuff.

HH

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
What he said! (Jason, that is)

Skunkin' is all the fun in the world. If you can do it as often as me and still get out, you're in this thing for good and know how to enjoy yourself no matter how tall the grass is growing.

Gotta feel sorry for the guy who HAS to find SOMETHING whenever he goes out. Then again I'm still wallowing in self pity after this morning's finds....

marinedad

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2009
pisgah forest, n.c.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
minelab e-trac and equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what really sucks is when you find some clad and the other guy finds a flying eagle cent that only about 750 were minted, and he does it with his ace 250.

Rockin Chairs Gold

Dec 18, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Pro Coil, SunRay X 5.5, S.E.F. 6x8, Excalibur II
Been in this hobby 43 years, and as I live and breath I've often been skunked, but never sorry I got out, and will continue to till they plant me. I love this hobby. Rick :coffee2:

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friends call me Pepe Le Pew sometimes..... Yup! We all get the good 'ole skunk more often than you'd realize. But it's the thrill of what you will dig next that keeps ya goin. :thumbsup:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jsandman said:
Just like the title says to you guys with a lot of metal detecting under your belt still get skunked occasionally ?

I went out this morning for a couple hours and found 26 cents in clad, 3 batteries, tons of screw tops, a fake pearl and other junk.

Tell me these days are far and few between ...........gold one day drought the next.

James

You call this Skunked ?

Wait till you go out & Only come home
with nails & Can tabs.

26 cents in clad is a Gas rebate.
Pays the Taxes on the first Gallon,
or at least covers the Fumes :coffee2:

Gimmie The Loot

Bronze Member
May 11, 2010
Driftwood, TX
Detector(s) used
etrac, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
marinedad said:
what really sucks is when you find some clad and the other guy finds a flying eagle cent that only about 750 were minted, and he does it with his ace 250.

AHhh Mark I don't remember that story! Those darn Aces, always stealing the good stuff! :laughing7:

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Gimmie The Loot said:
marinedad said:

AHhh Mark I don't remember that story! Those darn Aces, always stealing the good stuff! :laughing7:

This didn't happen south of I-80 did it?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread