does the ace 250 detect deep targets?

AcRellik

Apr 5, 2012
Northern IL -Southern WI
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250/pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had my Ace 250 for a little while now. I get lots of targets at 2+ 4+ and some at 6+ but I still have never had anything at 8"+ . I am still getting to know my machine, but think I am doing something wrong . what could I be doing wrong ? I do use headphones but I don't ever hear low tones , I go slow with over lapping swings . close to the ground with coil skimming grass blades . so if anyone has any advice for me , Please please help me out
Thanks and happy Hunting
AcRellik

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No, that's about right for coin sized objects with the Ace 250. Sure, somebody will chime in that they HAVE found deeper targets, but not regularly.

Gimmie The Loot

Bronze Member
May 11, 2010
Driftwood, TX
Detector(s) used
etrac, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used the 250 for my first year and did not find anything deep. But I did find gold rings and at least $300 in clad with it to have fun. Ace 250 is a detector to get you hooked and then you have to upgrade to get deep stuff.

Last edited:

dbennett7

Aug 7, 2011
if you remember when we hunted togher i let you use my grandsons 250 it had the 10x14 coil on it it will go depper that is about the only way that i know when you have a entry level machine they do have limatations that does not mean you can not find good targets but they all can only do so much i do know some people that do very well with the 250 but i think he has the bigger coil also his name is mike aka silver star from this forum he could tell you a lot more than me dennis i told you that mike aka silver star was on this forum i have to tell he is on american detectorist forum sorry

Last edited:

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
if you remember when we hunted togher i let you use my grandsons 250 it had the 10x14 coil on it it will go depper that is about the only way that i know when you have a entry level machine they do have limatations that does not mean you can not find good targets but they all can only do so much i do know some people that do very well with the 250 but i think he has the bigger coil also his name is mike aka silver star from this forum he could tell you a lot more than me dennis i told you that mike aka silver star was on this forum i have to tell he is on american detectorist forum sorry

Do you mean Silver Star, the Elgin Raider and ladies washroom attendent? I got that mess straightened out, for my part, don't know if anyone else will ever get a pass there again...

Hey Aaron, the depth of the Ace is good enough for the right sites and it is a great machine for sorting through trashy areas when moving real slowly from what I've seen of it in the hands of a lot of folks around here.

marinedad

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2009
pisgah forest, n.c.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
minelab e-trac and equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes tim that is the scoundrel silverstar. wonder what happened to silverspoon? but dennis is right, the larger coil can get deeper.

amxfred

May 14, 2011
Dekalb, IL
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Sunray X-1 Probe & Auvio wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have an Ace 150 and it only goes about 4 inches in normal dirt but it is great in tot lots.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread