Don't Throw That Out, It Could be Worth Something

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Per my thread title....

I had an old laptop I recently recycled. Then I discovered I still had the system restore discs and was going to throw them out. On a hunch, looked them up on eBay and wound up selling them for 5 bucks. Then I almost did the same with a couple of old iPhone 4-compatible/30-pin configuration car chargers. Those fetched 5 bucks, too.

Nothing to retire on, but still was cool to get a few dollars for things I was about to throw away.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
people throw good stuff out all the time but that's what I am here for. I take it out of the trash and make it treasure to someone.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those Restore discs can go for some bucks. I paid 25 for mine after i lost it. Of course, i found my original within a week after i ordered the replacement.

Last edited:

jodan3399

Jan 1, 2013
Brownsville, Pa
Detector(s) used
White's Classic III, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Vacuum dies...sell the parts.
Coffee maker craps out...sell the parts.
Dead ceiling fan...sell the shades, blades, and pulls.
...the list is endless.

Sometimes the parts add up to more than you paid for it new.:tongue3:

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, I always figure if I would take the time to pick up five dollars on the ground then I can take the time to list something for five dollars on eBay. I try to keep a minimum of a five dollar profit but if I have the time and it's easy to ship, I will list it up there. Would rather get five dollars then throw something in the trash!

With that said we went to my grandfather's house and cleaned out his basement. I threw away probably thousands of booklets and repair guides for all kinds of electronics. I can't even imagine what may have been worth!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions