Dream sale....

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took a vacation day off to hit some comm sales. At my second sale I scored 350g of sterling, and the below bag. The lady lied. There were only two 14kt gold bracelets, one 14kt gold necklace, and one 10k ring tiny diamonds. The rest was costume! :) Incredibly, no regular competitors since it was Fri. You have to be very well disciplined to keep a poker face. Thanks and good luck to all This weekend.

Artslinger

Attachments

• 20220408_095559.jpg
    20220408_095559.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 194
Last edited:

1treasurehunter1

Feb 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Garrett Sea Hunter MK2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love how ignorant people are of gold in English speaking countries. This would never happen in Asia, the rest of Europe, etc. If people weren't brainwashed to think gold and silver are worthless after the end of the gold standard, we would never have the opportunity to buy this stuff for so cheap. For some people, having a garage sale makes you poor because you give away all your valuables for nothing. If these people took their gold to even a pawn shop that pays 50%, they would make more than their entire garage sale

OP
OP
artslinger

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love how ignorant people are of gold in English speaking countries. This would never happen in Asia, the rest of Europe, etc. If people weren't brainwashed to think gold and silver are worthless after the end of the gold standard, we would never have the opportunity to buy this stuff for so cheap. For some people, having a garage sale makes you poor because you give away all your valuables for nothing. If these people took their gold to even a pawn shop that pays 50%, they would make more than their entire garage sale
I agree, but it all goes back to probably America being the riches country in the world. A lot of these people already have their money in the bank, retirement, savings, social security, investments, home ownership, etc, that to them the jewelry is just so insignificant that they don't even bother, or frankly care. Rest assured that if it was not me scoring it, or someone at the garage sale, more than likely it would end, along with all of the unsold items, at a thrift store.

I am more than happy to take it off of these people's hands, and I sleep very soundly at night. If they are not going to take a few minutes to look things up, why should I tell them?

Artslinger

1treasurehunter1

Feb 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Garrett Sea Hunter MK2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, but it all goes back to probably America being the riches country in the world. A lot of these people already have their money in the bank, retirement, savings, social security, investments, home ownership, etc, that to them the jewelry is just so insignificant that they don't even bother, or frankly care. Rest assured that if it was not me scoring it, or someone at the garage sale, more than likely it would end, along with all of the unsold items, at a thrift store.

I am more than happy to take it off of these people's hands, and I sleep very soundly at night. If they are not going to take a few minutes to look things up, why should I tell them?

Artslinger
I agree with you as well; I am also more than happy to take it off their hands. I make good part-time money off these people.

It's true that some of them have so much money that they don't care but I have seen people who are lower to middle class who have sales to make money and end up selling gold for pennies. Not my problem lol

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bottom line in any sale between two people is if both parties are happy with it. Doesn,t mean either party is ignorant,a poor choice of words,if the seller wants to sell their item at less than top dollar,what difference does it make?Likewise I have no problem with a buyer buying an item worth hundreds of dollars for a few bucks. I often sell stuff at less than what I might get just because I don,t like to bargain and haggle,not because I,m ignorant.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions