What's new

Eagle item found

bergie

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2004
Messages
1,827
Reaction score
1,280
Golden Thread
0
Found this Eagle and wondering what it might be...it's heavy for its size and thicker than a housekey. Back is flat...
 

Attachments

  • photo(3).webp
    photo(3).webp
    122.1 KB · Views: 118
  • photo(17).webp
    photo(17).webp
    97.5 KB · Views: 118
  • photo(2).webp
    photo(2).webp
    191.4 KB · Views: 133
Upvote 22
My first thoughts were it has a German look to it, but the shield, arrows and olive branch denotes US
I'm the worse person to ask, IDK
Cool find, I know that.
 
No help with ID but congrats on the nice find
 
Top looks broken off... maybe a Dept of int badge ?
 
No clue at all. Eagle looks older though. I am stumped.
 
To me it looks like the end of a piece of silverware. A lot have designs with eagles on the ends, but I have no idea how it'd get separated like that.
 
Location of where it was found would help id it
 
If I found similar here I would guess its broken off Strap-End.
 
My first thoughts were it has a German look to it, but the shield, arrows and olive branch denotes US
I'm the worse person to ask, IDK
Cool find, I know that.
My first impression too

sent from my computer by frantically poking at the keyboard with a single finger
 
It's the end of a cross guard for a military sword.
 
LOOKS GERMAN TO ME , NEEET .
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom