equinox 600

Cuda74

Jan 9, 2021
North Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec II, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had mine for about a month now. Haven't noticed the broken tones on bottle caps but will check it out next time I get out to my favorite park, lots of those around there.
So far I'm loving mine, getting a lot of deep (8") targets that take a while to dig in the soil around the park but its a great machine. Really prefer to go the 5 tone route than the 50, so many tones, so little time....

OP
OP
M

mjb Mike

Feb 10, 2021
southern mayland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love mine too had a cheaper one for 4 years found like 3 coins in 4years got my equinox and found 70 coins in one day

CPT_GhostLight

Greenie
Jul 21, 2021
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, & ProFind 35, Whites Prizm 6T, Fisher Gold Bug 2 & F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
had my eq 600 now for a few months. starting to notice rusty bottle tops have kind of a broken up tone.has anyone else noticed it?

The Equnox and Vanquish detectors multifrequency capability will actually report any different metals present in a target. So if you are running your 600 with horseshoe off (iron tone off), rusty bottle caps tones will sound broken because the rust (iron oxide) will blank out as you scan the target. With horseshoe on (iron tone on), a rusty bottle cap will give you the non-ferrous and ferrous (rust) tones together at the same time.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Set your Iron Bias to F2 @6 or higher and you won't dig too many bottle caps.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread