Heavygold4me

Jan 27, 2020
South mississippi
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 , Nox 600, Excalibur II, manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I use the one from detect Ed , it’s lightweight and sturdy. The weight difference makes a big difference if your swing a 15 inch coil. Anderson makes a good shaft, I have one for my at max, his customer service is second to none.

Last edited:

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a few friends that went with Steve's detector rods and really like them.

troutbum

Sep 14, 2014
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXt 505, Tesoro Sand shark, Whites coinmaster pro. Tesoro Compadre.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nox 600, I use the detect ed. works great.:icon_thumright:

Donut

Jan 25, 2010
Coloma, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Xterra 70 6" 7.5khz concentric 9" 7.5Khz concentric, 5x10 18.75Khz DD, 10.5 18.75Khz DD.
Steve’s is top quality also his is the only one on the marked that has a counterweight available. A must to offset the coil weight.
Doug

midalake

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have Steve's rod. I like it the quality is great. However I wish it had larger teardrop washers for water hunting. I would like a little more washer contact with the coil.

Dave

JMac48

Dec 17, 2013
Steve’s rods are the best. Very sturdy and the the clasp is great quality. You will have someone who stands behind their product as well.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Works just fine with factory shaft. Need to spend more money? Go ahead, but you won't make any better finds with a fancy shaft and the weight difference is only a couple ounces.

MKW

Feb 3, 2020
Coastal SC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ML Equinox 600
ML Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another vote for Steve's Detector Rods. I love mine.

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another nod to Steve's Detector Rods. I broke my original detector lower rod (don't ask!). Steve was extremely helpful with getting me set up with a complete new outfit. Build quality is excellent, the hardware is top notch, and it's very rugged and durable. Steve is great to deal with as well.

JMac48

Dec 17, 2013
Works just fine with factory shaft. Need to spend more money? Go ahead, but you won't make any better finds with a fancy shaft and the weight difference is only a couple ounces.

That’s what I would say if I didn’t have one. Jk you are correct but does make it damn sexy.

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought from Steve and I don’t regret the purchase - his detector shafts are great.
But the main reason I bout a new shaft is that I use both the 11” and 6” coils, and I go tired of removing one coil from my single lower shaft to switch it for the other. And for that reason the new complete shaft from Steve is great.
But I don’t notice the weight difference honestly, so I wouldn’t buy a new shaft for just that reason.
And I bought the black shaft so I wasn’t going for “style”.

MikeRo

Jul 31, 2019
SW Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
ace 350, equinox600, equinox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Steve’s are great.....high quality & craftsmanship.... the counter weight is a must.....I don’t use the arm cuff strap since getting the new rod & counter weight!

AceofBases

Jan 7, 2019
Detector(s) used
Deus II, MI-6, Manticore, Equinox 800, Pro Find 35, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought from Steve for the primary purpose of not having to dismount coils every time I switch between the 6, 11 and 15” coils. The visual upgrade was a nice side benefit. Steve is a wealth of knowledge and an absolute pleasure to deal with.

35E99A93-1DF4-437C-B0EB-BB642BA18885.jpeg

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You all are too kind! Thank you! :)

Steve

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deted-ED for me all the way,,,beautiful shafts.

Matt

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been using Steve's Detector Rods on both my EQX 800s and found them to be the best I've ever had since I bought my first detector in 1970. See my review:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/equinox/613685-steve-s-detector-rods-my-review.html

His web site:

Steve's Detector Rods, home of Equinox and CTX 3030 carbon-fiber shafts and rods

You can't go wrong....

Well there ColonelDan, I read your review and the web site for Steve detector rods, and I believe you may have pointed me in a good direction. I did look at DetectEd, but I do like a counter weight idea, and a washer issue, and as brianc053, I believe he uses two lower shafts for the two coils, so I did as well with my Safari. So, a complete two piece shaft threaded, (color)...why not. 2nd lower shaft, and counter weight? I think so. Good review Dan.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Steve’s Detector Rods are incredible. Lightweight, balanced and well made. I have several of his products and can confirm the high quality.
Steve is a great person to deal and will be there for you long after the purchase is made.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread