Equipment suggestions?

OP
OP
N

NCguy

Greenie
Dec 26, 2021
Heres a Keene A52 w/o legs for under $300.00 w/ free shipping
>> https://www.ebay.com/itm/3134987678...1291&msclkid=e01861d398d4116350c3001e55462a3c
Thanks for taking the time. I've been reading up on different sluices and have decided I like the A52S. I like the way it classifies without a hopper. I believe the one you mentioned is the a52 regular sluice. Also, the legs on the A52S are nice. Buying them after the fact is pretty costly.
Anyway, I went ahead and picked up the sluice. Fella lives 10 minutes from me and was very helpful. He has 2-pontoon dredges, 3-4 high bankers, and 2-3 of everything one could think of. He also has the hopper to fit this Keene sluice. I may just go get it tomorrow for another $150.
The sluice,gold hog flow pan,2 gold pans and a foot of miners.moss for 420.
I'm pretty happy with this as a good hand feeder. I can always spend more $ and add accessories.
Thanks again for all the advice and time spent helping a newbie😁

Attachments

• IMG_20211230_160028992.jpg
    IMG_20211230_160028992.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow you did good .Did he give you any clues on 'hot spots' for gold :)

OP
OP
N

NCguy

Greenie
Dec 26, 2021
Wow you did good .Did he give you any clues on 'hot spots' for gold :)
Thankyou sir.
Yes actually... He said he goes to a local spot "Vein Mountain". It's $5 a day and produces a lot of gold. He had quite a few nuggets. He also threw a teaspoon of gold in a pan with dirt and let me practice. This was after having me pan some dirt with bird shot.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you in like Flynn.Next pix. we wanna see is some newly found ...GOLD !:):goldpan:

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,
New here and looking for some wisdom in regards to mining equipment.
We have some acreage in western NC. A large Creek runs through the property with many twist, turns and 1-2 foot waterfalls. Creek is about 15-25' wide and averages 1' deep. There are deeper 3-4' pools. Section of Creek on our land is about 2500' long with much of it showing exposed bedrock. There are many drop offs,cracks,boulders...
Ok, my plan has been to dredge the cracks in the bedrock. I thought about a pontoon type dredge but many areas are to shallow being only 6-12" deep.
I've been leaning towards a high banker set up on Creek bank.
My questions are;
Can I set up on bank and use hose to work bedrock and fissureS/cracks....directly from Creek to sluice?
Would I need a semi solid pump or a different type pump.
Most videos I've seen show people pumping clean water to high banker and just shoveling paydirt.
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks, Dan
Hey its been a week.Have you been out yet ?

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You say your good at sheet metal & fab work View attachment 1999406 .Here's a couple projects to bring your Gold recovery indoors when its cold & rainy outside.Or you just want to take your time on recovery.A garage or basement area will work.
A recycling sluice .
And A Miller Table, 2ft x 4ft.(in its building stage). It does a great job at fine/small gold recovery .NO gold gets pass the Miller ,all the way down to minus 100 mesh :) View attachment 1999426 View attachment 1999427
RTR what did you use for the bed on your miller table build

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RTR what did you use for the bed on your miller table build
Because of the size of it, slate was to expensive so I went with 1/2" marine grade plywood.And 2 coats of rust-oleum Green "Chalk Board" paint. Final results it looks/feels/just like slate,catches Gold perfectly and its lasted with Years of use :)
I had a complete build thread on it before this new format .Where that thread is now ?Dunno

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Because of the size of it, slate was to expensive so I went with 1/2" marine grade plywood.And 2 coats of rust-oleum Green "Chalk Board" paint. Final results it looks/feels/just like slate,catches Gold perfectly and its lasted with Years of use :)
it looks fantastic for being a wood miller table,, surprises the heck out of me when you state you have used it for years and years

I am currently living out by the superstitions in AZ and have been going out colecting 5 gallon buckets of dirt from around the washes and mountain saving them for processing I have around 30 five gallon buckets I need to process rite now

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it looks fantastic for being a wood miller table,, surprises the heck out of me when you state you have used it for years and years
Yeah,no problems with it warping or anything else. Just looked back on my pictures I built it the end of Nov. 2018.
Another thing I did was to cut a 'Gold Trench' the width of the table to catch the -100 mesh gold as pictured here
015.JPG

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread