What's new

Evening Hunt

Oberlausitz

Greenie
Joined
Feb 1, 2026
Messages
17
Reaction score
156
Golden Thread
0
Yesterday evening, I was out in a nearby field again. The quantity of finds was good, though the quality left a bit to be desired. I turned up several coins: six pieces of Weimar Republic inflation-era currency, four Saxon pfennigs from the 1770s, a Prussian 1-pfennig piece from 1853, an Austrian 1-kreutzer coin from 1762, plus two Imperial-era 1-pfennig coins and a few badly corroded zinc coins from the war years. Finally, I found a well-preserved small silver coin: a Saxon 1/24 thaler from 1764. I was also pleased to find a Luftwaffe cockade, though unfortunately, the plow had really taken a toll on it.
 

Attachments

  • DSCF3735.webp
    DSCF3735.webp
    2.2 MB · Views: 48
  • DSCF3737.webp
    DSCF3737.webp
    1.5 MB · Views: 22
  • DSCF3738.webp
    DSCF3738.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 23
  • DSCF3743.webp
    DSCF3743.webp
    1.4 MB · Views: 27
  • DSCF3744.webp
    DSCF3744.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 27
  • DSCF3746.webp
    DSCF3746.webp
    1 MB · Views: 22
  • DSCF3748.webp
    DSCF3748.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
  • DSCF3749.webp
    DSCF3749.webp
    4.6 MB · Views: 22
  • DSCF3751.webp
    DSCF3751.webp
    5 MB · Views: 22
  • DSCF3750.webp
    DSCF3750.webp
    4.5 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Upvote 17
All nice but I especially like that 1/24 thaler. You must be hunting in Europe, Germany?
 
You did OUTSTANDING !!
 
Yesterday evening, I was out in a nearby field again. The quantity of finds was good, though the quality left a bit to be desired. I turned up several coins: six pieces of Weimar Republic inflation-era currency, four Saxon pfennigs from the 1770s, a Prussian 1-pfennig piece from 1853, an Austrian 1-kreutzer coin from 1762, plus two Imperial-era 1-pfennig coins and a few badly corroded zinc coins from the war years. Finally, I found a well-preserved small silver coin: a Saxon 1/24 thaler from 1764. I was also pleased to find a Luftwaffe cockade, though unfortunately, the plow had really taken a toll on it.
Awesome!!! Congrats!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom