What's new

Ever have one of those days?

BamaBill

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2006
Messages
686
Reaction score
16
Golden Thread
0
Location
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70, AT Pro, Tesoro Tejon, ML X-terra 50
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was sure I had a CW campsite nailed down and even had marked it on my new GPS. We hunted the daylights out of the area I thought it was and found nothing period. Well, got back and started going back over my research and it became clear that we were probably only about 200 feet from where we should have been. ARRRGG! Even good research isn't perfect. Well, now I know where it isn't. Last time this happened it was because I didn't have a GPS and we misinterpreted where we were. I've got my fingers crossed that we can get one more trip back there before my relic season is over.
 
Hope to see some pics of a lot of CW Era Relics

fortbball9
 
Thanks for the good thoughts, fortbball9!
 
i am in east alabama near the ga line. ever hunt down this way?
 
No, but I would like to. How far are you from Huntsville? I have gathered a ton of info on areas around the AL/GA border and wish I lived closer as I'm sure I would never lack for sites to hunt.
 
If it helps any, should be good to know you're not the only one. ;D The only thing worse is when your partner walks over the ridge to relieve himself and Bingo! he's on the spot ::)
 
How close to Florence are you?
 
Mike, Florence is about an hour and half or so from me. PM me if you want to talk about getting together.

Bill
 
Have I ever had ONE of those days???? Yeah, All the time...It's very diificult to find these sites. Hence the word, "Treasure Hunting" But, when you find one, it makes up for all those frustrating times!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom