SCpicker
Full Member
- Joined
- Jan 8, 2016
- Messages
- 115
- Reaction score
- 166
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Normally I don't purchase artifacts but I had to make an exception. Recently I bought part of a lifetime collection of a gentleman that passed away a few years ago. The locations and stories of most of his artifacts went with him. From what I understand he primarily collected in south west Arkansas, east Texas and southeast Oklahoma. Amongst the 70 or so true arrowheads, including the finest Caddo arrowheads I've ever held...there is one, only one, that I think is a fake/repro. It just doesn't look like any type I know. It also wasn't in his frames that had his best points. All the other points are authentic. This reminds me why I don't buy arrowheads! Anyways I wanted a second opinion. Thoughts?
Attachments
Upvote
0
I would agree with you that it does look different/strange, and what would be the purpose of that notch at the bottom? There would be no use for it since it would be concealed by the wood of the arrow shaft. For some reason it just doesn't look right.






