tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last Wednesday I was out early and in the high county at the divide by 9am. At 11am the drizzling rain began and talking with a coworker who was clear on the western part of the state said it was raining before sunrise and still pouring down. It seemed both sides of the continental divide are getting good dose of rain. The Aspen trees are turning and the rain came down steadily here on the front range until about just afternoon yesterday. Today's forecast is calling for lots of sun and a high of 79. What I believe to be my favorite time of year has finally arrived.

Attachments

• 20220921_085813.jpg
    20220921_085813.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 24
  • 20220921_153400.jpg
    20220921_153400.jpg
    595.5 KB · Views: 21

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The trees are starting to turn here, and the temps at 40F feeling like low 30s as the frost warnings are out for tonight.
It won't be long now till it's a colourful landscape again.
Last year there was hardly any colour as the Gypsy Moth had eaten the trees bare.
Truly the best time of the year, the insects are going away for another year. :hello2:

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The trees are starting to turn here, and the temps at 40F feeling like low 30s as the frost warnings are out for tonight.
It won't be long now till it's a colourful landscape again.
Last year there was hardly any colour as the Gypsy Moth had eaten the trees bare.
Truly the best time of the year, the insects are going away for another year. :hello2:
I know, I didn't need to stop at all just to scrub bugs off the windshield this trip. It is time for the bugs to bail.

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know, I didn't need to stop at all just to scrub bugs off the windshield this trip. It is time for the bugs to bail.
We had a major infestation of aphids attack most of our aspens forests(Pike National) this year. The leaves were falling off prematurely, but thank goodness there is still enough for good color. Hopefully they will be gone in the spring!!!! Great pictures!!!

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We had a major infestation of aphids attack most of our aspens forests(Pike National) this year. The leaves were falling off prematurely, but thank goodness there is still enough for good color. Hopefully they will be gone in the spring!!!! Great pictures!!!
I've got one Aspen on the side of the garage that's been overrun by aphids over a few years. They planted three Aspen trees when the house was built and they died off long ago but the root system has survived popping up Aspens here and there for about 40 years now. Those die off eventually also. When they get hit with aphids they mist all over the windshields of your vehicles when they have a run and make a mess all over your car. Planting Aspens down at this elevation isn't the best idea.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last Wednesday I was out early and in the high county at the divide by 9am. At 11am the drizzling rain began and talking with a coworker who was clear on the western part of the state said it was raining before sunrise and still pouring down. It seemed both sides of the continental divide are getting good dose of rain. The Aspen trees are turning and the rain came down steadily here on the front range until about just afternoon yesterday. Today's forecast is calling for lots of sun and a high of 79. What I believe to be my favorite time of year has finally arrived.
Very nice glad to see the beautiful colors of the leaves and yes it’s a great time of year..Temps were in the low forty’s this morning here
Take care

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread