What's new

Fancy round thing, Button ?

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2007
Messages
2,243
Reaction score
391
Golden Thread
0
Location
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250
I dug this thing this summer at my brothers place. He inherted our grandparents house. The finds there go back to....... 1830's button, crotal bells, lead barrel tap etc. Not really sure of the age on this one and I really dont know what it is. I dont think that it is a button. Maybe a brooch of some kind. Looks like there were two points of attachment on the back. 1 3/4" or 43mm.

This one has me stumped, VPR

 

Attachments

  • IMG_8840_1_1.webp
    IMG_8840_1_1.webp
    37.6 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_8841_1_1.webp
    IMG_8841_1_1.webp
    37 KB · Views: 293
  • IMG_8842_1_1.webp
    IMG_8842_1_1.webp
    35.6 KB · Views: 305
  • IMG_8843_1_1.webp
    IMG_8843_1_1.webp
    45.6 KB · Views: 310
Sure looks like some kind of button. I really liked the gold colored one you found a few years ago though when we went up on the mt. in corinth.That puppy shined.Good to see your still at at it keep up the good work!! Al
 
Upvote 0
The fact that the item shows the center hole extruded on both sides ----
Maybe a wheel for a toy
Brady
 
Upvote 0
I think it may be the base for a paper spike.
 

Attachments

  • paper spike.webp
    paper spike.webp
    11.5 KB · Views: 311
Upvote 0
Not sure, but I found its brother minus the hole in the middle....
 
Upvote 0
The back shows areas that were soldered. The hole appears to be a rivet that would have held on a different item. Most likely a harness rosette of some sort.
 
Upvote 0
not a button, but otherwise no idea
 
Upvote 0
Thank You everyone for the replies. I suppose that this thing could be a lot of different items. Maybe I will never know for sure.....



VPR
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom