What's new

Farm Equip? Any Ideas....(Broom hanger)

Bunker

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2010
Messages
562
Reaction score
77
Golden Thread
0
Location
St. Pete, Fl
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / Etrac / T2se / Blisstool V5
Pistol Probe / Pro Pointer / VibraProbe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,
Found this item at a Western NC homestead from the 1800's. Found a bunch of axe heads and hoes etc. That is a quarter next to it for reference. Three holes to screw into a wall i suppose. Not super heavy duty weight wise.
Thanks for looking,
Bunker
 

Attachments

  • Brown\'s Cove Item 1.webp
    Brown\'s Cove Item 1.webp
    149.1 KB · Views: 259
  • Brown\'s Cove Item 2.webp
    Brown\'s Cove Item 2.webp
    114.7 KB · Views: 256
Re: Farm Equip? Any Ideas....

Looks like a flagpole holder like the one's you would hang outside your front door. :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Farm Equip? Any Ideas....

Hi Lennon631,
That had crossed my mind as well as a bottle opener. But I don't think these would fit for the era of this place.
Thanks for your input.
Bunker
 
Upvote 0
Re: Farm Equip? Any Ideas....

That is an interesting thought TraderofTreasure. Thanks
Bunker
 
Upvote 0
Re: Farm Equip? Any Ideas....

Broom holder :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Farm Equip? Any Ideas....

Broom Holder, hadn't thought of that one. I will keep that one in reserve as more suggestions come in. Appreciate your comment and time.
Thanks,
Bunker
 
Upvote 0
Re: Farm Equip? Any Ideas....

Here's a variation of one I had in my junk draw - now that it's out , I think I'm going to mount it on the kitchen wall and put it to good use .
 

Attachments

  • bh 001.webp
    bh 001.webp
    37.8 KB · Views: 274
Upvote 0
Re: Farm Equip? Any Ideas....

Mojjax, I think you nailed it. :notworthy: I will have to do a search and see what kind of time frame mine might be. Thanks, I like the look of yours.
Thanks for taking the time to find yours and post it for everyone to see. I will have to mark this one solved!!
Bunker
 
Upvote 0
Re: Farm Equip? Any Ideas....

I wonder if the dust pan hooked into the front slot? :sign13:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Farm Equip? Any Ideas....

Hi Lucas, good point. I was thinking that it seemed a little extravagant to spend money on something like this. The cabin was so remote, just seemed a bit out of place. :dontknow:
Thanks,
Bunker
 
Upvote 0
I dunno guys. I would think a broom holder would have a roundish hole for the handle. Also, picture the item screwed to the wall, how would it even work for that. I've been wrong before, will be wrong again, but something just doesn't look right to me on this one. :icon_scratch: I'm still liking the church key idea with the other end maybe being a can opener for liquids. Like the old condensed milk cans. Could have been mounted under a table or counter?
 
Upvote 0
Re: Farm Equip? Any Ideas....

lennon631 said:
Looks like a flagpole holder like the one's you would hang outside your front door. :dontknow:
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! LOL :laughing9:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom