Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this at a late 1800's home site. My first guess was some kind of decorative nut, but I've looked and I just really don't see any threads in the center hole. There are two "edges" on the back like maybe it was intended to have a rail or board or something in between. It's pretty thick and heavy, iron obviously, with no visible identifying marks. The only thing I've seen that kinda resembles this is a retaining nut on a lateral restraint on old brick buildings -- but there again, it does not appear to be threaded. Does anyone recognize it?

IMG_3871.jpeg IMG_3870.jpeg IMG_3872.jpeg

I found this at a late 1800's home site. My first guess was some kind of decorative nut, but I've looked and I just really don't see any threads in the center hole. There are two "edges" on the back like maybe it was intended to have a rail or board or something in between. It's pretty thick and heavy, iron obviously, with no visible identifying marks. The only thing I've seen that kinda resembles this is a retaining nut on a lateral restraint on old brick buildings -- but there again, it does not appear to be threaded. Does anyone recognize it?

View attachment 2136799 View attachment 2136800 View attachment 2136798
Look like a brick tie to me.

Upvote 4

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back