Favorite to Find?

GTK96

Jul 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey guys

The hunting here has been dampened (literally) lately so I figured I would propose a question to see what you all are into...so the question is this:

Personally, what is your favorite type of artifact to find.

Can be anything you want, specific types of points, beads, shell stuff, contact period stuff, whatever!
Anxious to see what your favorites are
HH

Upvote 0
I can't even compare my puny collection with the finds that I see here everyday. I have probably less than 25-30 "unbroken" points but still worn. Other than that my finds are laughable compares to you all. But looking at this forum everyday definitely pushes me to hunt more. Even more, its opened my mind as to what I can find and opened my eyes in terms of what I'm looking for - from shape to material. I'm so new to this that finding ANYTHING excites me. The most basic worked stone gets my mind going wondering what it was used for, what ancient soul used it and what their life must have been like. Sooooo thank you all for everything you've ever posted. I've learned more here in a few weeks than over a year of reading books, websites and so on. So far THIS FORUM is my favorite find...lol. Thank you all....I'm looking forward to finding something amazing soon and sharing it with like minded folks who share my passion.

It does not matter all finds are great Brandiwine. We all started somewhere.

My favorite find is the next one! No matter what it is I get an adrenalin rush when I spot it in the dirt.

" 4) Astute finds. Any clown will see the 5" Adena sitting there fully exposed. I like seeing just the smallest bit exposed, wiggling it, and knowing there's more under there. "

That's a great point. Those camouflage guys you have to work for feel like a victory. Some of my most memorable finds were artifacts barely exposed.

I thought this one looked promising even though it was in an area scattered with debitage, snapped a in-situ anyway. I was stoked to pull that one out.

I couldn't agree with you more Th3rty7. I have found 4 like that. One was a lecroy bifurcate and it was covered but the rain had sunk the fresh ground around it. All I saw was mud and it was in the form of a arrowhead. I went and grabbed for it and sure enough under a layer of mud there was a point. I have found 3 others that way. So everyone if you should see a lift in the soil and it looks like a arrowhead do not be afraid to grab for it. It very well could be a artifact. Those were good finds. Here is a picture of one it is in the fourth photo, fifth photo shows it flipped exposing it....check it out....

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/north-american-artifacts/191705-finally-hit-field-jersey-finds-2010-these-accumulation-two-day.html#post2000817

Last edited:
Great post/thread/thoughts. My favorites are the ones where you say to yourself- or outloud- 'REALLY', 'No way'... Whether it's an outline under water, covered w/ silt or a tiny glass bead on a 300 yard beach full of rocks, shells, and leaves and no sifter... The ones you just can't believe you found under the circumstances.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back