Few more tid-bits from "the farm where nothing can be found" sterling collar button

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Few more tid-bits from "the farm where nothing can be found" sterling collar button

I went to the cornfield and found a sterling Krementz collar button I'll attach a few interesting things I found about this "collar button"

About Richard Krementz Gemstones

KREMENTZ & CO.AN AMERICAN STORY | JCK

41zJPH95M6L.jpg

Enjoy the pix
HH & GL
Brad

20160404_132452.jpg20160404_132533.jpg

20160404_214852.jpg20160404_214835.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 11
That's very cool Brad. I learned something new today.

That is cool! Thanks for sharing.

HH, Relic Nut

nice find! I found a 10k Krementz collar stud/button in a corn field 2 years ago. It was quite a surprise

As you've said before " Just when I think I have seen it all " lol. Nice ones Brad. That is one reason I like fields...you never know what you will find.

That is cool! Thanks for sharing.

HH, Relic Nut
Thanks Relic Nut

nice find! I found a 10k Krementz collar stud/button in a corn field 2 years ago. It was quite a surprise
Thats cool, post a pic of it if you can? I never knew they even existed? Thanks testing

That collar button is a small but great find.
Thank you

As you've said before " Just when I think I have seen it all " lol. Nice ones Brad. That is one reason I like fields...you never know what you will find.
Thanks Dave, Maybe next year I'll dig a gold one out of there?

Here it is all cleaned up.
20160404_214835.jpg20160404_214852.jpg

I like the research of a found item Bard. :coffee2: It's another fun part of the hobby. Congrats on those finds.

Hi Brad,
You did a great job cleaning your collar button up. It looks like a new one!
Phil

That's a really cool find buddy. New to me. Love it

That collar button is very cool, have never seen one before, great find!

Last edited:
I have found 4 of them sterling silver ones already, and about 100 copper ones, yours is in grate shape congrats....

Hi Brad,
You did a great job cleaning your collar button up. It looks like a new one!
Phil
Good silver shines up easy with baking soda paste, thanks.

That's a really cool find buddy. New to me. Love it
Findind out it came from Jersey made it interesting, thanks

Thag collar button is very cool, have never seen one before, great find!
Thanks Chris

I have found 4 of them sterling silver ones already, and about 100 copper ones, yours is in grate shape congrats....
When I was reading about them they said after awhile they started electroplating them with gold, I bet your copper ones were those? At first when it was all covered in dirt I thought I had some kind of board game piece. Thanks park pirate.............

That's cool , I've seen them on books I may have one but I think it's brass over copper ? Hh gl
Again, I bet plated with gold years ago, thanks.

That one cleaned up real nice.
Congrats.

I loved reading about the history of the company as much as seeing the button. Well done on both the find and the research.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back