Blackfoot58
Gold Member
Beans aren’t out yet. I walked the field edge. Not a lot to show, but nice to get a chance to hunt.
Mostly Burlington flint (as usual for me).
The pcs on the left were my favorites.
A nice piece of red jasper (rare in this field) top left.
Bottom left is flint, but the bottom edge looks like orange/tan chalcedony. I know they are both “chert”, but this is different than any I’ve found. Definitely not coloration from heat. It is a separate layer.
The jasper piece has what appears to be a radial fracture or fossilization.
Mostly Burlington flint (as usual for me).
The pcs on the left were my favorites.
A nice piece of red jasper (rare in this field) top left.
Bottom left is flint, but the bottom edge looks like orange/tan chalcedony. I know they are both “chert”, but this is different than any I’ve found. Definitely not coloration from heat. It is a separate layer.
The jasper piece has what appears to be a radial fracture or fossilization.
Last edited:
Upvote
2







