Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• IMG_0294.JPG
    IMG_0294.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I forgot a few things. If he does something that you dont want him to do stop it early, once they start doing something for a while, it is hard to stop them. Nip it in the bud. The way and about the only way to get their attention and stop them, is if they are on your arm or hand, shake your hand, just enough to make a shaky perch, or if on your shoulder do the same. They dont respond to yelling, of course that encourages yelling. And when you shake, say NO! They will relate NO! to a shaky perch, which all birds dislike. They do respond to treats. Keep the treats for treats, and when they do something good, such as talking, doing something you tell it to do. And as soon as they do it, very quickly because they wont relate the trick and a treat, give the treat and say something supportive like "thats good" and say it very nicely. Sunny responds well to this and gets all giddy when I say "good". He does something different when I say good for doing a good thing, and when food is good. They do a lot of clicking to make sounds, will mimic sounds they hear with clicking, like the gurgling of the coffee maker, shaving my face, other things. They will actually talk with you and to you, it is just not as clear as some parrots. Treats might be pieces of walnuts, peanuts, that kind of thing. For food that they like occasionally, fresh cooked pasta and rice, scrambled eggs, soft cooked fish and do like to tear open chicken leg bones to get the marrow. they do make a mess though. Try to always provide new clean seeds or pellets, pellets are a lot less mess, but they prefer seeds, and they make a mess. And clean water,they often take baths, and wont if water is dirty. They will go in shower with you and will take a shower. We have asuction cup perch made just for showers. also they like to play in cardboard boxes. make sure you cut a couple doors, so they dont feel closed in. After a while playing in boxes, they really look forward to new boxes.

When it comes to animals stevemc is correct. Positive re-enforcement for good/wanted behavior and immediate correction for unwanted behavior. People who leave their dogs home all day and come home to find a puddle 5 hours after it was made start yelling at the dog means nothing to the dog other than dad or mom is home and they are yelling at me because they are just as glad to see me as I am to see them.

I saw Pete and Pulltab in the list.

I'd suggest PulltabPete but that is already in use.

How about Oro24?

Enjoy!

Corona (like the beer) spanish meaning Crown, from latin! Ancient Greek meaning "garland, wreath"
Why because He's the King!!!

Snt

Here's one more: "AURIC"

He may have been hatched from one of these :laughing7:

goldennestegg.jpg

Lorraine

I would call him Tesoro, the spanish word for treasure. Being a pirate, he will help you find the treasure.

I would call him Tesoro, the Spanish word for Treasure. He will help you find the treasure.

If you haven't already picked one (and you have some good choices), I think Ehyou, or Ayou.

This is a play on "AU" representing GOLD on the periodic table of elements (science class pays a dividend - finally). Or you could just do AU.

Kind of quirky, perhaps eccentric, but a good story to the name if you pick it.

Cheers

Why not just "Treasure"?

Had a good name for him the other day but forgot. Finally, have time to post today, so I'll came up with another one. The bird appears to be stalwardt (sp?), therefore, I recommend you name him Captain Morgan. Besides, the name is cool and current.

Lofy is the name of young pirate help people in the ocean of the word.
Lofy

Lofy is the name of young pirate help people in the ocean of the word.
Lofy

Hamid ....is this the young pirate ? I found the pic on the Internet during my research.

Maybe I am incorrect on this.

Luffy.png

Lorraine

Thanks to everyone for all the help...we named him Jack...it was one of our first choices, we tried different names but kept going back to Jack. When he acts goofy we call him Cracker Jack.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back