What's new

Finds for April 4th

sirlostalot

Full Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2004
Messages
211
Reaction score
258
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tried to find an old house site out in the woods today. I know its there but I couldnt find it. Then went to one field for an hour and only found iron. Went to the field where a friend and I got about 9 large cents. Picked up 2 crotal bells, 1904 Indian and a 1840 Large cent.
 

Attachments

  • slatf44.webp
    slatf44.webp
    72.2 KB · Views: 204
  • slatf442.webp
    slatf442.webp
    36 KB · Views: 193
  • slacd7.webp
    slacd7.webp
    10.4 KB · Views: 166
  • slacd7b.webp
    slacd7b.webp
    15 KB · Views: 167
Wow. Cool finds. Friend and I detected his father place a few days ago. I found the exact same bell as the ones you have pictured. I notcied you called them "Crotal Bells." I'm assuming since you have a name for them then you probably know their use and possibly a date/era when they were used. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

DH24
 
Deerhunter24 said:
Wow. Cool finds. Friend and I detected his father place a few days ago. I found the exact same bell as the ones you have pictured. I notcied you called them "Crotal Bells." I'm assuming since you have a name for them then you probably know their use and possibly a date/era when they were used. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

DH24

The Crotal Bells were attached to the rigging for horses. Think of Jingle Bells. The age and size varies. I think most are from the 1800's.
 
Thanks for the ultra-fast reply. That's the first one I've found. Cleaned up real nice.

DH24
 
Wow, another largie! you're gonna make your goal at this rate for sure!! WTG. hh dan
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom