What's new

Found Some Old Coins * Token * Tags

E-Trac-Ohio

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2020
Messages
10,281
Reaction score
23,281
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
XP Deus 2
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went back to the old abandoned house I hunted a few weeks ago.
The last time I was there I found a Large Cent - Barber Half and a Barber Dime.
Mainly hunted the backyard and in the woods behind the house.

Indian Cents - 1891 & 1898
Wheat Cents - (4) from 1910 to 1945
Not in the Photo's - (19) - Newer Clad Coins

Miner's Tags - #10 & #46
US Army Coat Button - World War 1 - (seem to find a lot of these).

Political Token - "Vote for Harry M. Carpenter for Senator"
Dated - August 14, 1928
The 4th & 5th photo's are of a non-dug version of this Token

Good Hunting !
 

Attachments

  • MAH - 7-12-26-A.webp
    MAH - 7-12-26-A.webp
    73.5 KB · Views: 201
  • MAH - 7-12-26-B.webp
    MAH - 7-12-26-B.webp
    31.1 KB · Views: 43
  • MAH - 7-12-26-C.webp
    MAH - 7-12-26-C.webp
    59.5 KB · Views: 49
  • 1928 - Senator Carpenter Token - A.webp
    1928 - Senator Carpenter Token - A.webp
    12.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 1928 - Senator Carpenter Token - B.webp
    1928 - Senator Carpenter Token - B.webp
    11 KB · Views: 49
Upvote 19
Went back to the old abandoned house I hunted a few weeks ago.
The last time I was there I found a Large Cent - Barber Half and a Barber Dime.
Mainly hunted the backyard and in the woods behind the house.

Indian Cents - 1891 & 1898
Wheat Cents - (4) from 1910 to 1945
Not in the Photo's - (19) - Newer Clad Coins

Miner's Tags - #10 & #46
US Army Coat Button - World War 1 - (seem to find a lot of these).

Political Token - "Vote for Harry M. Carpenter for Senator"
Dated - August 14, 1928
The 4th & 5th photo's are of a non-dug version of this Token

Good Hunting !
Congratulations you are doing Fantastic!!!!!
Thanks for sharing
 
Interesting finds my friend. The miners tags are similar to ones I've recovered on woollen mill sites here in Ontario, I always assumed they were tool tags. :icon_scratch:
 
Interesting finds my friend. The miners tags are similar to ones I've recovered on woollen mill sites here in Ontario, I always assumed they were tool tags. :icon_scratch:
I'm sure many other types of industries use similar types of Tags.
We live in a area where there were countless Coal Mines 100 to 150 years ago so finding Miner's Tags is fairly common.
Miner's would take their numbered Tag off a board before entering the Mine.
Then at the end of their shift they would put it back on the board - this way the company knew there was no one missing in the Mine.
Miner's would also attach these Tags to the Coal Cart they just filled before it left the mine - they usually got paid by the Ton - not by the hour.
I've found around 25 of them - they cleanup real nice in a Electrolysis Bath.
 
Went back to the old abandoned house I hunted a few weeks ago.
The last time I was there I found a Large Cent - Barber Half and a Barber Dime.
Mainly hunted the backyard and in the woods behind the house.

Indian Cents - 1891 & 1898
Wheat Cents - (4) from 1910 to 1945
Not in the Photo's - (19) - Newer Clad Coins

Miner's Tags - #10 & #46
US Army Coat Button - World War 1 - (seem to find a lot of these).

Political Token - "Vote for Harry M. Carpenter for Senator"
Dated - August 14, 1928
The 4th & 5th photo's are of a non-dug version of this Token

Good Hunting !
Nice finds! Congratulations!
 
Went back to the old abandoned house I hunted a few weeks ago.
The last time I was there I found a Large Cent - Barber Half and a Barber Dime.
Mainly hunted the backyard and in the woods behind the house.

Indian Cents - 1891 & 1898
Wheat Cents - (4) from 1910 to 1945
Not in the Photo's - (19) - Newer Clad Coins

Miner's Tags - #10 & #46
US Army Coat Button - World War 1 - (seem to find a lot of these).

Political Token - "Vote for Harry M. Carpenter for Senator"
Dated - August 14, 1928
The 4th & 5th photo's are of a non-dug version of this Token

Good Hunting !
Cool Token! Congratulations
 
Went back to the old abandoned house I hunted a few weeks ago.
The last time I was there I found a Large Cent - Barber Half and a Barber Dime.
Mainly hunted the backyard and in the woods behind the house.

Indian Cents - 1891 & 1898
Wheat Cents - (4) from 1910 to 1945
Not in the Photo's - (19) - Newer Clad Coins

Miner's Tags - #10 & #46
US Army Coat Button - World War 1 - (seem to find a lot of these).

Political Token - "Vote for Harry M. Carpenter for Senator"
Dated - August 14, 1928
The 4th & 5th photo's are of a non-dug version of this Token

Good Hunting !
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom