First gold for the new year, couple of silvers, and some other artifacts

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was able to get over to Phoenix for a 6 hour hunt yesterday and had a good day. A nice pile of clad, 8 Wheat pennies from the 40's and 50's, an earing, an old boat shaped button, a momento for Phoenix wildlife zoo, 1936s Mercury dime, 1950s Washington quarter, an old Ponds cold cream jar, a token for a Phoenix establishment, and the best find a 14 karat heavy gold wedding band. I didn't open the old jar. Maybe it's full of gold coins! Any idea when the Ponds company was in business? Do they still make the cold cream? Beautiful weather and a nice day of detecting. Thanks for looking and may all your metal detecting dreams come true. IMG_0016.JPG IMG_0002.JPG IMG_0003.JPG IMG_0006.JPG IMG_0005.JPG IMG_0007.JPG IMG_0010.JPG IMG_0011.JPG IMG_0014.JPG IMG_0015.JPG IMG_0001.JPG

Upvote 34

Kona Koma

Bronze Member
Nov 13, 2017
On the Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great day of hunting! I went out beach hunting last afternoon and hit four fishing weights. Not the most exciting hunt or finds. They were all mostly in the same spot. Your post has me motivated again.

Kona Koma

Bronze Member
Nov 13, 2017
On the Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I play golf. I hit in the low 80’s. When it gets hotter than that, I head to the club house. :occasion14:

OP
OP
J

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great day of hunting! I went out beach hunting last afternoon and hit four fishing weights. Not the most exciting hunt or finds. They were all mostly in the same spot. Your post has me motivated again.

When we get to Myrtle Beach, S.C. I enjoy beach hunting and usually find at least one nice keeper in a week of hunting. Also dig a lot of clad and trash. Any time I find any lead, I always look for a fisherman and give them a gift.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I play golf. I hit in the low 80’s. When it gets hotter than that, I head to the club house. :occasion14:

It is a dry heat here, but you still need to keep hydrated when it gets hot.

sataro

Jan 16, 2013
Corsicana, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 | Nokta Simplex+ | Tesoro Mohave | Quest Xpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on some very nice finds! Great job on the silver & gold!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I miss AZ Mesa Phoenix Apache Junction and Tempe ect Drag racing in the Desert and cruising down Central ave in my 70 440 Charger Great job my friend that's a Everlasting gobstopper piece o gold!!!!!Well done.!!!!!!CI used to work at Super Shops sorry just reminissing.... Is the jar full with something in it lol

Ah yes, I miss Super Shops too, fellow Mopar man! :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions