What's new

First penny box....

zmemarine

Full Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2008
Messages
151
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Almost a skunker.

1942d wheatie
2 canadian '95, '98
2 s mintmarks '71, '73

I also pulled all the following dates to search for errors which I found none.
60, 72, 83, 84, 92d, 95, 98, 99, 00
I did find three nice die crack errors though.
I also search for 69s DDO, 70s small date.
Are there any others I should be on the lookout for, and I would also like to know how often you find these errors if any at all.

Thanx
 
Upvote 0
zmemarine said:
Are there any others I should be on the lookout for

Depends on how obvious you want the error to be. http://www.coppercoins.com/ has a large list of errors with pictures, but most require good magnification to even see.

zmemarine said:
and I would also like to know how often you find these errors if any at all.

The 1998 Wide AM and the 2000 Wide AM are fairly common I think I had around a dozen of each last year, bu the rest are fairly hard to find (at least in my experience), but they are out there as I did find a couple of the other ones in your list last year (found a 1984 Doubled Ear, 1992-D Close AM, and a 1972 DDO). This year I have cut out most error searching due to availability of time.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom