ArthurC

Mar 19, 2013
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites M6

Garret Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I recently purchased a used White MXT from my dealer and decided I wanted a great backup detector so I chose the M6 and it arrived today. Long story short....I went to a local park and the second good signal I got came up with a VDI of 4....but the detector didnt give a low signal, it was a high signal...I'm new to the M6 so maybe the trigger wasnt forward in tone id like I thought but I had the discrimination set to the low default IMG_3912[1].JPG ...I knelt down and pulled a middle school class ring out of the soil. I didnt even need a pinpointer. Inside its marked "bal gtc". I know its a Balfour ring but im unsure of the gtc part...any ideas??

Upvote 5
OP
OP
ArthurC

ArthurC

Mar 19, 2013
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites M6

Garret Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Even if its junk I plan to attempt a return to the owner...and...finding a ring is really exciting...I love this hobby

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the GTC stands for 'goldtone celestrium'. I found the following statement on Balfour's website: "Goldtone Celestrium features the durability of Celestrium electro-charged with the look of yellow gold"

OP
OP
ArthurC

ArthurC

Mar 19, 2013
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites M6

Garret Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Interesting and thank you, I was on their site looking and couldn't find a reference. I found another Balfour ring from the 1970's near where I found this one...I think it was "celestrium" too but it looked silver...and had been hit by a mower blade...Still, these get the blood flowing!

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice ring save, congrats !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions