Beepndig
Jr. Member
Found my first silver coin on a short after dinner hunt.
1963 Roosevelt dime....... Nothing outrageous , but silver none the less. I picked up an ace 350 in early July and have been hitting the local playgrounds and parks and have logged a good 40+ hrs on the detector. Not a mile down nor some faint little whisper of tone . Like most coins found 6" or less with the ace, it rang up with an obnoxious , slot machine like, high tone . in the dime range on the ID @ 2 inches. I pin pointed and dug a dime at 2".
Happy hunting
1963 Roosevelt dime....... Nothing outrageous , but silver none the less. I picked up an ace 350 in early July and have been hitting the local playgrounds and parks and have logged a good 40+ hrs on the detector. Not a mile down nor some faint little whisper of tone . Like most coins found 6" or less with the ace, it rang up with an obnoxious , slot machine like, high tone . in the dime range on the ID @ 2 inches. I pin pointed and dug a dime at 2".
Upvote
28
You'll always remember where you dug the 1st.

.......I thought I would find silver every day now that I broke the ice? Haven't really buckled down yet at the school and started working it hard in any particular manner. Just been working large x patterns looking for any hot spots and trying to map out all the old pea gravel play ground areas. I somewhat remember the the lay out, but with the buildings and parking lots gone , it's not super clear. Plus it's been 30+ years since I have set foot on the property. There was only a small grass area big enough for a foot ball field and it's still grassy, just baked out since it hasn't been watered In quite some time. Amazed it s still grass at all? The grassy seems to be the hotter area and I did start to work a 20x20 area and dug a dozen or so signals in that area. Pennies and one more 70s dime. Some can slaw and small copper piping. Returned to the center of the grassy area where I found a wheat and the silver and pulled a few quarters from the nineties. Did pull a few pennies from opposite side of where the school building an dug up some pea gravel from the old playground area. This side of things has houses bordering the fence line where some old ball fields used to be and the dogs were going crazy. It will be difficult to search with out pissing off the natives. It's nice to be able to just dig the area and fret about the grass. It's exciting because I know silver is possible, I can chase a signal to china and learn a little more about my machines tendencies. I also get to add some pocket change to the Jar dedicated to replacing the purchase price of the machine.








