What's new

first time searching pennies

Shake-N-Bake

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2007
Messages
647
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Hello All,
I usually search for silver but today i wanted to try something different. I went to a little bank branch in Wal-Mart becuase being Sunday no other banks are open. All I could get was $16 in pennies due to that is all they had.
I wasn't expecting much but i got a few keepers. The first three rolls were blanks then, the next roll had 2 wheats and a very sweet 1960D memorial which I replaced the one in my book with it.
After all said and done I ended up with 12 wheats(one steel cent) and the 1960D AU55+ penny.

Oh I also got a dime. LOL!

The years where:
1927, 1940, 1943, 1944, 1948S, 1949(2 of them, one is AU), 1951D, 1955(2), 1957, 1958

I was just wondering is 13 keepers good out of $16, I realize they dont carry much value but I was excited when I pulled them out.(I think I am going to add pennies to my searching due to the % of keepers.)

Happy Hunting,
Jason
 
Upvote 0
sorry forgot the pic

here is a picture
Thanks,
Jason
 

Attachments

  • wheatsfound.webp
    wheatsfound.webp
    33.3 KB · Views: 205
Usually I get 22 to 25 wheaties per box. :thumbsup:
 
That is a very good average for $16.

Happy Hunting!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom