What's new

First Week BH QD II

JBird

Greenie
Joined
Aug 4, 2010
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ormond Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
hese are my finds after the first week with my Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II. I love it, it's very accurate at telling me what I am digging. Plus the tip I got from someone here (the nickel test) worked great and is great at discrimination. The big silver thing is the end of a putter. lol. Found on Golf Ave. lol. The oldest coin so far is a 1966 Quarter. I would really like to know what the silver looking pendant is that is broke in half. This is about 4 days or 4 hrs worth of hunting.
:hello2:
 

Attachments

  • Front Yrd Finds 11.webp
    Front Yrd Finds 11.webp
    6.5 KB · Views: 136
Where were you hunting? I just bought one to use on the beach and I'm wondering now if it will do on the beach.
 
I was hunting in my front yard, as I just got mine recently as well. It does work on the beach, but if you go in the water you want to make sure you have the waterproof coil and rinse it off after use. I'm going to be detecting the beach soon myself. I can say I am very happy with this machine especially after reading some of the myths about it. It discriminates amazingly accurately. I would suggest practicing in your yard as you will get to the tones and how to tell a broken tone and what all the other tones are. If you have a display that works well too, but it's good to know the tones. :hello2:
 
You are correct in mentioning to learn the tones. You're on the right track. The tones sound nice and loud for the shallow items, but change as the items get deeper. Ground conditions can make things sound different as well. If you're paying attention to the type and quality of the signals, you'll soon forget you have a screen to look at.

The BH will do fine in fresh water, but as mentioned before, you'll have a hard time at a saltwater beach. I tried that once and got so frustrated I put it up. I was in Texas on the gulf coast, so food for thought. It will probably false a lot. Again, don't get the control box wet.

Another thing, ignore the myths and BH busters. Yes, there are better machines out there. No, the BH's aren't as versatile and deep detecting as a thousand dollar machine. But, they are still decent machines that will give you lots of detecting enjoyment. That's what really matters.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom