romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning all

I have only been swishing for a few days, just got my Tesoro last week, and have found my first Wheat. Not really a big deal except I live in Nova Scotia, Canada and you don't see too many of these kicking around. It is a 1946. No pics but we all know what it looks like. I actually found it twice. The first time, I found it in a playground at a school near my house. I also found a couple dollars in clad in the same playground. I then took my finds home to show the wife and when I sat down to clean off the clad I noticed that the wheatie was not in my pocket anymore. Of all the coins to lose I happen to lose then only one with any significance to me. I scoured the house thinking I may have dropped it during the trek from the kitchen to the living room but no luck. I then grabbed my Tesoro and went out to the garden where I first showed my wife the coin. It was now past 10 om and quite dark so I took a flashlight. Wouldn't you know it, a couple swishes later and I had the wheatie back in my hand...I slept well last night...

Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on Your First !

Jeff

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Romeo - welcome. Funny story about loosing the coin. ;D

I occasionally find the Canadian equivalent of our wheat cent with king George on it. They are cool and I save them.

Good luck with your new machine. I have heard good things about them.

Mirage

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello, Romeo. 8) Welcome to TreasureNet.

There's a few other posters from Canadia ( ;) ) on here. I always like to see the coins that they post. It's interesting to look at the different coinage.

Good luck. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread