What's new

fish fossil ???

CRAZY-TEXICAN

Full Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2009
Messages
179
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Carrollton Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Quattro MP , Minelab Musketeer modified , Tesoro Bandido II micromax , Garrett Groundhog , D-Tex Koin King BFO
Is this a fossilized fish???
I acquired this thing a few years back and just never bothered to figure out what it was .. i was even thinking of tossing it in the trash a few times but somehow it just kept showing up in my tool box :laughing9: ...
 

Attachments

  • Picture.webp
    Picture.webp
    37.9 KB · Views: 416
A-ortiz said:
Is this a fossilized fish???
I acquired this thing a few years back and just never bothered to figure out what it was .. i was even thinking of tossing it in the trash a few times but somehow it just kept showing up in my tool box :laughing9: ...
This is a fish in concretion from the Santana Formation, Cretaceous of Northeastern Brazil.
 
is it worth keeping or should i toss it?? ???
 
A-ortiz said:
is it worth keeping or should i toss it?? ???
Don't keep it if it doesn't appeal to you. Someone would like to have it. It's likely that someone on this forum would like to own it for a reasonable sum. Check eBay to see what the market value might be, then make your deal by PM.

I believe you are discouraged from actually selling on this forum. Other forums are not so squeamish. Try http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php?act=idx
 
I don't think its worth anything but that is just my opinion since i got it as part of a rock collection at a garage sale , i just wanted the rocks and quartz stones but had to take all or nothing.. :laughing9:
 
If you decide to sell that fossil, I would like to have it...send me a PM so we can work out the details...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom