What's new

Fisher F75DST - The Silver Streak Is Still Alive

tabman

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2011
Messages
2,309
Reaction score
7,255
Golden Thread
2
Location
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today is my 20th hunt for the year and my silver coin total for the year is 67. Each hunt has produced at least one silver coin. A long the way I also found 3 14k gold rings, some silver jewelry and some other neat stuff. This is the best start I've every had for a year. To keep the streak going, I have to find at least one silver coin on every hunt. The pressure mounts!

Today I went straight to the corner lot that I got permission to hunt. The home was built in 1952 and the yard was loaded with trash. I started grid searching the yard and got a good silver coin VDI number and audio tone. I dug down and popped a 1964 Rosie dime. That took some pressure off!

When I was working the grassy near my SUV, I got a great audio signal and ID number that I just knew was a silver quarter before I even dug. Yep, a 1951 Washington. I'm on a roll!

Since it was so trashy I decided to go back over the same area with the smaller 5 inch DD search. It was finding a lot of modern coins that the larger search coil had missed. Finally I got my search coil over another silver coin, a 1950 Rosie. Happy, happy, happy. I also found 10 wheat pennies.

After leaving that site, I headed out for another site. I wasn't hardly finding anything and was about to call it a day. I made a final run down by a fence and got a ID what I thought was going to be another silver quarter, but it turned out to be a sterling silver ring and chain. I'm not sure about the chain, but the ring is stamped 'sterling'.

beephead

F45DST%203%20Silver%20Coins%20Ring%20005_zps5qck9ix3.jpg


F45DST%203%20Silver%20Coins%20Ring%20008_zpsvghmnvbx.jpg


F45DST%203%20Silver%20Coins%20Ring%20010_zps8r1snuub.jpg


F45DST%203%20Silver%20Coins%20Ring%20012_zpsqncvk3qk.jpg


F45DST%203%20Silver%20Coins%20Ring%20013_zps11ck2szb.jpg


F45DST%203%20Silver%20Coins%20Ring%20015_zpsl4rrbhtk.jpg


F45DST%203%20Silver%20Coins%20Ring%20018_zpseojnq5c7.jpg


F45DST%203%20Silver%20Coins%20Ring%20020_zpshof0ifnt.jpg


F45DST%203%20Silver%20Coins%20Ring%20028_zps6atyfdgy.jpg


F45DST%203%20Silver%20Coins%20Ring%20025_zpsua36o0mi.jpg


F45DST%203%20Silver%20Coins%20Ring%20023_zpsitgsycxl.jpg
 
Upvote 16
Your hunt was very productive ,and with 67 silvers already this year I would say you are into a BANNER year
 
very nice finds
 
Your hunt was very productive ,and with 67 silvers already this year I would say you are into a BANNER year

Thanks. I'll slow down when the hot humid heat gets here and the ground turns to concrete. Winter, Fall and Spring is prime detecting time where I'm locating.

tabman
 
I sure would like to hunt with you sometime tabman, :notworthy: You certainly have the knack for getting good silver permissions. Your having and outstanding year, I'm not even going to try to best your silver count. Heck I'm only shooting for 60 silvers this year.
 
67 silvers already?! That's mental. Congrats
 
Thanks everyone! I've had a good run so far this year on silver coins. I expect my silver finds to decrease when the Summer heat gets here and also when this streak is over with so I can go back to concentrating on finding more gold rings. Cherry picking silver coins is only fun for so long, because I'm a gold ring dirt digger at heart.

tabman
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom