What's new

Florida Shell Tools In My Garden

David Ray

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2016
Messages
38
Reaction score
54
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Central Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I live on a lake and found this small cache of shell tools in my backyard garden along with several pieces of sandstone. Two appear to have been incised, one with tally marks(?). Included is a complete Kirk/Six Mile Creek(?) I found in close association a few months before. IMG_0228.webpIMG_0576.webpIMG_0222.webp
 
Upvote 0
That is a sweet point man. Is it made of coral?
 
No, it is a very smooth and solid chert. Just the slightest tip nick and a couple small nicks on the side. A little over three inches long. Very nice... and very lucky I didn't hit it with the shovel, Lol. IMG_0596.webpIMG_0598.webp
 
I love the shell tools, yours are better than the ones I have. That's a nice blade also:notworthy:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom