wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing new yet! Other than I am back in Florida...

Thank God!

Tommy

scoter

Tenderfoot
Apr 13, 2009
south florida
My understanding has always been that all beaches in Florida are public up to the high tide line. I believe that there are ordinances or laws requiring some landowners, such as hotels, to provide public access to the beach...that's the way it is in Miami Beach, anyway.

Plat

Tenderfoot
May 10, 2010
Florida
Detector(s) used
White's Classic 3
Anything recent on this Wreckdiver1715? i've always respected your posts you seem to know what you're talking about...so its 3000yards from any known wreck with a metal detector and 300 feet w/o a metal detector but just diving and having fun but what if u find something? say i find something like say within that area w/o a metal detector ...what do i do? do i have to claim to the state of florida asap or can i have it on board do i need a permit? we're goin out soon to do some huntin w/o metal detectors just would like some better advice :)

thanks a bunch!

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
In the city of Riviera Beach Florida, on Singer Island, Palm Beach County, I recently read a sign that stated that NO METAL DECTORS were permitted on the beach. This is a Public Beach in the Town of Riviera Beach. I do not know if this applies to all beaches in Singer Island or just the one public beach. I was not in the mood to tempt fate and decided against detecting the beach.

I have a picture of the sign. Hope you can read it.

Have no idea how these restrictions can apply to a 'public' beach. By the way, I was there for two days and did not see anyone on that beach. Guess there must be way too many restrictions.....

Ray S ECen FL

Attachments

• Riviera Beach Resized.JPG
    Riviera Beach Resized.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 605

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plat,

The only area that wreckdiver didnt post is HRD's lease area which is in between corrigans and rio mar.HRD's lease encompasses those 2 sites and extends all the way out to the 3 mile limit.You can not dive with a metal detector on anyones lease and if you do dive and find something i suggest you leave it there.1 person has been busted before looting the fisher sites and HRD's.Getting arrested and loseing all your equipment and boat just isnt worth it.If you want to dive on the fishers leases,you can sign up to be a sub contractor.It wont cost you anything for the contract and you get 45% of what you find.Go to the mel fisher museum in sebastian and talk to bill.

OP
OP
wreckdiver1715

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John, do you have the GPS co-ordinances for the HRD lease so I can update my maps.

Tom

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions