What's new

folded copper items on 1800's farm sites

Wild Colonial Boy

Hero Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2013
Messages
612
Reaction score
880
Golden Thread
0
Location
the nearest ditch
Detector(s) used
equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep finding neatly folded and flattened copper items like watering can sieves, door knob plates, post caps
on old farm sites, just wondering why they went to such trouble in getting them flattened and folded before discarding

or where they purposely done and buried for some practical or traditional reason?
 
Copper bends easily, probably being driven over or the weight of the soil flattening them
 
no I don't think so

I will send some pic s soon, so you can see
these appear to purposely folded and flattened
 
Probably trying to save space in their dump site. Nothing odd about that...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom