What's new

Folks, Managed a seated half dime....

bill from lachine

Platinum Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2011
Messages
22,648
Reaction score
88,976
Golden Thread
0
Location
Quebec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

Went to a sports field this morning I've detected many times....as the soil is quite dry I cranked up the sensitivity to the max trying to find some deeper targets.

Managed a couple of cents from the silver era then lo and behold at 5 or 6" up pops an 1853 seated half dime....I didn't rub it or even run it under water yet....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Regards + HH

Bill
 

Attachments

  • DSC01007.webp
    DSC01007.webp
    105 KB · Views: 130
  • DSC01010.webp
    DSC01010.webp
    18.8 KB · Views: 123
  • DSC01011.webp
    DSC01011.webp
    17.2 KB · Views: 119
Upvote 38
Nice find for your neck of the woods Bill.:icon_thumleft:

GOD Bless

Chris
 
Excellent find this side of the border! I've only ever found one Seated coin up here, it's a dime as smooth as a slug. Yours is in great shape.
 
Congrats on the great find- makes you wonder how that guy got up there!

-- Jeff --
 
Jeff,

Since I'm quite close to the border about 60 miles or so lots of US coins show up from all eras.

Regards + HH

Bill
 
Fantastic! , congrats! !
 
Congrats on the half dime and other nice finds
 
Great coin I'm still trying to put another silver in my display case Great job!!! Thanks for sharing
 
A2coins,

For what it's worth going slow, gridding, doing overlaps and maxing out the sensitivity seems to work for me...just a few things to consider going forward.

Regards + HH

Bill



Great coin I'm still trying to put another silver in my display case Great job!!! Thanks for sharing
 
Killer, Congrats!
 
Excellent find this side of the border! I've only ever found one Seated coin up here, it's a dime as smooth as a slug. Yours is in great shape.
Aaahh,it's comforting to hear someone else's one and only seated is a mirror image of my one and only.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk
 
Congratualtions on the very productive hunt! :occasion14:
 
Great detail buddy. A quick lemon juice soak and that baby will look incredible. Nice job
 
Abe,

I haven't decided yet whether to clean it or not....I kind of like the way it currently looks in natural light it doesn't have that much brownish toning btw.

Here's a couple of better pictures....I may just let in soak overnight in water to get off the left over dirt from the hole.

Regards + HH

Bill
 

Attachments

  • DSC01012.webp
    DSC01012.webp
    11.5 KB · Views: 87
  • DSC01013.webp
    DSC01013.webp
    10.2 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Yeah leave it alone bud. Don't shine that baby up at all. I like the dark man. It looked much darker in the post pics
 
That is one fine looking seated. It still has a lot of detail. Congrats.
 
Nice Seated!! Half Dime is still on my bucket list!! Congrats and HH
 
That's exactly like the only one I have ever found to. Congratulations!
 
Diggin Dude,

They're out there but given how small they are you have to go slow to pick them up especially if they are fairly deep.

Regards + HH

Bill


Nice Seated!! Half Dime is still on my bucket list!! Congrats and HH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom