What's new

for anyone who likes "Buffalo" nickels...I found a 1917 "buff" today

Lorrain.

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2011
Messages
978
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
for anyone who likes "Buffalo" nickels...I found a 1917 "buff" today

Slim pickins in a 2 hr. hunt...found lots of clads and this ( one of my favorite old coins) Buffalo nickel in dry sand about 5" deep in an area where revisions ( bulldozing; reconstruction) are being made to the beach area.

Date is difficult to see in pic , but it is 1917

A "V" nickel would have been a better find, but I'm pleased with this one........maybe next time.


Here's a couple of pics


Thanks for looking
Lorraine
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0392.webp
    DSCF0392.webp
    32.9 KB · Views: 368
  • DSCF0391.webp
    DSCF0391.webp
    31.9 KB · Views: 357
Upvote 0
Re: for anyone who likes "Buffalo" nickels...I found a 1917 "buff" today

Way to go Lorraine! Great Pics!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom