What's new

Fossil Help please?

  • Thread starter Thread starter michigan michael
  • Start date Start date
M

michigan michael

Guest
:help: I took my two sons to the beach the other day and let them hit the the lake while I went to do some beach detecting. I stopped and talked with another detector freak like myself when my oldest son came running up. He had this in his hands. The guy I was talking with offered him $5.00 for it but, my boy said no way. It is completely solid (rock like) so, I do not think it to be any sort of shell. Any help or even suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • fossil.webp
    fossil.webp
    5.8 KB · Views: 593
  • fossil2.webp
    fossil2.webp
    4.8 KB · Views: 573
  • fossil3.webp
    fossil3.webp
    4.2 KB · Views: 582
  • fossil4.webp
    fossil4.webp
    7.1 KB · Views: 603
Yes, Mike, definitely a fossil and a very nice one at that! :hello2: Kudos to your son for the nice nab!

HH
 
Mackaydon said:
Wild guess:Brachiopod

Agreed: some sort of spirifer brachiopod.

Nice fossil! :thumbsup:
 
Lol, My son has found another of these. This one is even larger. I will get a pic later on.
 
that is cool. I have found a few of those in a creek at my fathers home in Caldwell County, KY.
 
I've the same one... and others brachiopodes. This one is nice. Sometimes they're damaged. I've found my most beautiful one in a pound.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom