What's new

Fossilized Chestnut?

diggummup

Platinum Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2004
Messages
17,871
Reaction score
10,149
Golden Thread
0
Location
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure looks like one anyway. First pic shows penny for size reference. Purchased at an estate sale with a couple other small rocks and fossils, they were inside of the box shown in the last pic. which was really why I bought it. Any ideas?
 

Attachments

  • 100_5331.webp
    100_5331.webp
    20.4 KB · Views: 923
  • 100_5322.webp
    100_5322.webp
    13.8 KB · Views: 982
  • 100_5327.webp
    100_5327.webp
    23.7 KB · Views: 1,091
  • 100_5325.webp
    100_5325.webp
    19.6 KB · Views: 1,178
  • 100_5332.webp
    100_5332.webp
    34.9 KB · Views: 1,192
looks more like palm seed.
 
it's a stream polished piece of coral...probably horn coral.
 
You may be correct it is the closest thing I have found so far. I found another post relating to this here on Tnet. It's old but i'm gonna add my photo to it anyway. Here is the closest resemblence of one I could find- horn.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom