What's new

Found a 1994 silver dime???

TheProf

Full Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2009
Messages
183
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 White's Spectrum Vibra-Probe 580 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a box of dimes today and saw a real nice silver rim when I looked at the date it was a 1994-D is this possible?
 
Upvote 0
The dime would be from a silver proof set. I have a 2007 silver quarter that confused me as well.
 
snazzypit said:
The dime would be from a silver proof set. I have a 2007 silver quarter that confused me as well.

Yes but it would have an "S" mint mark not a "D" I do believe.
 
I can't figure it out myself it is a 1994-D and has a silver rim, so I would think it is silver?
 
TheProf said:
I can't figure it out myself it is a 1994-D and has a silver rim, so I would think it is silver?

Does it sound like siver? Compare it to a silver dime and an coppernickle clad to be sure, but it being a D mint mark it's most likely plated.
 
TheProf said:
Got a box of dimes today and saw a real nice silver rim when I looked at the date it was a 1994-D is this possible?

Only way to know is to test the sound. Drop it and see if it has that high pitched silver sound.

My "guess' is that it is silver plated (And maybe silver color, not even real silver) for some event someone had. BUt it is a clad coin. But still - give it hte sound test. It won't lie to you. :-)
 
Yep sounds clad! Thanks!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom