What's new

Found a 2 cent piece and a half dime

DigIron2

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2014
Messages
4,042
Reaction score
2,968
Golden Thread
0
Location
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found these last Wednesday . I wanted to post them but was having problems with my camera , its a long story but finally got it straight. I found the 2 cent and half dime not to awfully far from each other. Very possible they came out of the same pocket? This is the first 2 center I have found. I am glad it came up decent because the majority of coppers I dig are usually toasted. It is a 1864, I was hoping for that small motto but it appears to be the large. Also got a couple flat buttons, one cuff ball button, a old hatchet head and some other odds and ends. Hope everyone has a good weekend. HH IMG_0204.webpIMG_0210.webpIMG_0392.webpIMG_0396.webpIMG_0397.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 58
the coins are awesomenow clean the iron and give us more photos of it. when that's done____go back and clean all the dirt there until there are no more targets :--)
 
Those are both really nice buddy. Congrats on the 2 center. Those half dimes are tiny huh. Good luck this fall man
 
Good job on those two coins! That little half dime is sharp.
 
the coins are awesomenow clean the iron and give us more photos of it. when that's done____go back and clean all the dirt there until there are no more targets :--)
thanks.. Wanted to go this evening but has pretty much been pouring here. Will try to clean the hatchet up a little later.
 
I bet there is more waiting you in this site
Nice weekend too!!
 
I thought I had a shield nickel at first. Dug a couple of those in the past but where always completely roach. Thanks Ahab you too man
 
You dug some real nice coins there.
 
Sweet, sweet finds - Congrats! :occasion14:
 
Great recovery. Hav e a great weekend
 
That's a pretty half dime, double so for a dug one.
 
Way to go. Those are two excellent coins.
 
Congrats, Dig. Love the half dime! Don't have one of those yet. -Lisa & John
 
Congrats on the 7 cents. That's an excellent way to accumulate that amount of money. Seems like 80% of the two centers that surface are 1864s. Other dates are harder to come by.
 
Those coins are awesome. I bought both of those coins recently at a coin shop, wish I could have found them in the ground. Great job.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
 
Yes indeed, a couple of killer coins!!!
 
Congratualtions on the great old coin shoot! :occasion14:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom