DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
015.JPG 016.JPG Went back to the new place for awhile today,got a Spanish bit,the last part of the date is there "21",but not sure if it is 18th or 19th century?Came across this old lock also ,thought it is kind of neat it has its chain, found a few buttons.One flower,two flat and one overall,one of the flat buttons has a imperial standard back mark,which is a new one for me,and the overall button is marked L&B and what looks like it says Master Mechanic?not sure yet ,but I think it might be a railway button?I would have stayed till dark,but I have the worst luck with headphones,suckers shorting out on me again,don't know if the moister is causing it or what?,whatever the reason I felt like smashing them.I went free handed without them for a little while,but with all the trash around there it is hard enough as it is with them, so I just hung it up for the day. 020.JPG 021.JPG 005.JPG 011.JPG 014.JPG Thanks for looking-HH

Upvote 12

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You had a great hunt DI2!! You covered a lot of decades with that outing. Nice cut silver & buttons-especially the gold gilded one. WTG, That looks like a circa 1840s lock. Q.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow! you had a fantastic hunt! I love the cut silver, lock and button.

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been thinking about rewiring my phones completely and putting in straight, heavier gauge wires. I get annoyed with the " curls " tangling and having to waste detecting time working the kinks out. My right side has completely stopped working now, and I think I am going to go ahead and buy Amphibians for the ATP, so rain won't be a problem anyway.
Sorry I got off on that. I really really like that lock. Wonder what it's use was? Of course the cut silver is awesome. I would like to find one!
I wish I knew something about electronics, wires and stuff,I am completely ignorant on the subject ,would be a good thing for me to know the way headphones give me problems,just seem to have bad luck with them .That's how this pair started off Olddude, one side started acting up,then the other,till they where completely shot.I am not sure what the old lock might have went too,I would like to think a strong box or something like that:laughing7:,I am not sure.HH-Dude-

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow great day bro! Love that little slice of pie. I've never found a cut piece of silver. All full and unclipped. Hoping to change that this year but I don't complain about any colonial silver. Great id previously
View attachment 1116702
Thanks Ahab, it would have been really nice if the whole thing was there,would have been a pretty nice reale,but I can;t complain either man.That was a awesome I.D that guy gave earlyer,must really know his stuff!I know you can't wait to get back out there man,but its coming:thumbsup:HH man

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You had a great hunt DI2!! You covered a lot of decades with that outing. Nice cut silver & buttons-especially the gold gilded one. WTG, That looks like a circa 1840s lock. Q.
I was thinking mid 19th century or about around there.Yeah man,big difference then pulling a gilded button out of a fertilized field.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread