What's new

Found a cool spoon

watercolor

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2007
Messages
4,116
Reaction score
1,352
Golden Thread
0
Location
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well actually, it's my first "Sterling" piece of flatware. . . (more on that later)

I've only been out a twice this past week due to "job" work & yard work :P
but found a few cool things that have given me hope for the hunts ahead.

I went back to the woods where I found my first BBQ of the year and was
unsuccessful in the coin department (silver) but managed a '50's 8-cent
pocket spill, a smashed sterling heart ring, and a pigeon band from 1995.
After an hour of pull tabs & bottlle caps, I moved on to a different site where
I recovered a piece from the old "Hutch" stylewater bottle from the early
1900's (just the top & lead seal) and then a "Glasco-Cap" (have no clue)
and then, the front of a gold-plated locket and an old horse rosette.

Yesterday, I got permission to hunt an older home near by but only had time
for about an hour. . . during my hunt, I found a '50's Rosie, an old rein guide,
a Colgate-Palmolive 10-cent "Shave Cream" token and a sterling silver silver
spoon with the name "Sutter" engraved on the handle. After some research,
I found out the pattern is from 1882 and was made by the Whiting Co. Right
now I'm trying to see if I can find out more about info on the engraved name.

Thanks for looking!

DSC_2165.webp

DSC_2167.webp
 
Nice hunting Mark! 3 categories of silver, sweet! :thumbsup:
 
I vote "RIGHTEOUS" ... :icon_thumright:

Righteous finds indeed ...

~ Al
 
Nice goodies! I found the same Colgate - Palmolive token in a yard in Memphis, TN. :icon_thumright:
 
Al Czervik said:
I vote "RIGHTEOUS" ... :icon_thumright:

Righteous finds indeed ...

~ Al

That's a good word that has not been uttered around these likes for awhile now... I agree "Righteous" and add that the silver is nice, nice job Mark. I found the same type top of a hutch stylewater bottle a few weeks ago, but I didn't know what it was. Broken in exactly the same way yours was...
 
Al Czervik said:
I vote "RIGHTEOUS" ... :icon_thumright:

Righteous finds indeed ...

~ Al
Nick, is that you? :)

Great stuff you've got there, Mark!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

An iteresting assortment for sure! That spoon will look great in your coffee table!

That private lot holds a lot of promise for sure. :o
 
WoW! Awesome spoon Mark! Nice pile of goodies too! Tossed more of them old soda bottle tops in the trash than I count, hate those seals they sound so good every once in a while!

And yeah, sounds like a hint of Nick in the air... "Righteous!"
 
I found a Sterling spoon a year back that was plow hit and missing the bowl.But I scored the bowl 20 feet away.It was wasted........ :icon_thumleft:
 
Thanks for all the comments everyone! I'm really looking forward to getting out there
again this summer and hunting the remaining 80%.

And EDDE, your correct about how fragile sterling can be; I was really lucky that I didn't
bend it. . . or something worse while I was digging it.

Hey Al, is that you Nick? :D :)
 
watercolor said:
Hey Al, is that you Nick? :D :)

<<<<<<------------------------- Al ... whats a matter no capice da english ... :D
 
Congrats on old spoon------------- look ., How many rossi w'll be made from ???
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom