What's new

Found A Nice Discoidal Today

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2008
Messages
7,826
Reaction score
7,076
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back to were the Pipe came from and went down over the hill and scratched around through the leaves on the hillside. I didn't find a lot, but I found a nice Bones Bead, a piece of deer antler that has been cut and drilled out on the end, a broken Bone Awl, a nice Pottery Handle, and of course the really nice Discoidal. It is 1 7/8 inches across and 1/2 inch thick and made from a reddish sandstone with black inclusions. It's very well made. I found it by moving a large log and when I turned back around from tossing the log behind me there it laid. It had been under the log. I didn't get any in situs. I had my camera, but I forgot to put the memory card in before I left so no pics.

The neat thing about the Disc is one side has a small spot where they started to drill the center hole and the other side has a long groove cut into it. I looked to see if there were any other marking and I don't see any.

I also included a picture of the tray I ahve filled up since last November from this site.
 

Attachments

  • New003.webp
    New003.webp
    128.3 KB · Views: 356
  • New004.webp
    New004.webp
    59.9 KB · Views: 350
  • New010.webp
    New010.webp
    95.1 KB · Views: 352
  • New005.webp
    New005.webp
    110.5 KB · Views: 347
  • New006.webp
    New006.webp
    75.4 KB · Views: 355
  • New007.webp
    New007.webp
    70.3 KB · Views: 349
  • New008.webp
    New008.webp
    95.9 KB · Views: 350
  • New009.webp
    New009.webp
    104.6 KB · Views: 336
  • New011.webp
    New011.webp
    188.3 KB · Views: 339
Upvote 0
Nice discoidal dude. The site that just keeps on giving. They had plans for that item for sure. You always do the nicest looking frames of a little of everything. Thank you for sharing. I seem to just collect a bunch of rocks ! I never find any bone tools :icon_scratch:
Congratulations
TnMtns
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom