What's new

Hard stone and Drilled

CreekSide

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2023
Messages
5,839
Reaction score
27,018
Golden Thread
0
Now I do have some pottery discs in there that isn’t drilled. The “Hoes” that are in there another collector said he believed that they are preform Celts but could have been used for hoes until they were completed. The 2 in hand, the silver one is a Gorget with some end damage. It’s made from schist which was a popular material in my area. The other is a Pendant I found back in January and is pretty close to the same size of the Gorget. It’s definitely a ceramic due to how lite it is. In the frame there is a piece of a large Discoidal that is made from a type of Green stone. It’s a nice study piece. I have 2 Celts in the frame and some other pieces.
Id like for everyone to add a piece they have. I don’t have any grooved axes, Plummets,
Banner stones if someone can post some that would be awesome. If you don’t have any to add I do like fine points so post something please.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6064.webp
    IMG_6064.webp
    323.2 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_6076.webp
    IMG_6076.webp
    525.5 KB · Views: 161
Upvote 0
S.E. Minnesota surface finds—-🔥—-
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2750.webp
    IMG_2750.webp
    3.2 MB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0590.webp
    IMG_0590.webp
    2.1 MB · Views: 103
  • IMG_9399.webp
    IMG_9399.webp
    1 MB · Views: 106
  • IMG_8877.webp
    IMG_8877.webp
    2 MB · Views: 106
  • IMG_8589.webp
    IMG_8589.webp
    761.5 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_5406.webp
    IMG_5406.webp
    480.1 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_4171.webp
    IMG_4171.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 98
  • IMG_3469.webp
    IMG_3469.webp
    1.4 MB · Views: 109
  • IMG_2895.webp
    IMG_2895.webp
    1.4 MB · Views: 96
  • IMG_2730.webp
    IMG_2730.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 104
  • IMG_2695.webp
    IMG_2695.webp
    3.4 MB · Views: 100
  • IMG_2699.webp
    IMG_2699.webp
    1.6 MB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0228.webp
    IMG_0228.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0127.webp
    IMG_0127.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0536.webp
    IMG_0536.webp
    780.4 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_2069.webp
    IMG_2069.webp
    3 MB · Views: 109
  • IMG_5674.webp
    IMG_5674.webp
    172.6 KB · Views: 130
I have been studying primitive pottery of late. Years ago we replicated the local pottery on the Tn Valley water shed from archeological records.. Poor attempt
. I am now looking at making the Hopi or Aztec poly-chrome..
Creek you have some nice items there. I was moving some stuff in my storage shed and found a cooler full of pottery and a tupper ware tote of blades and preforms. I then came across a lot of stuff Steve Larson sent me.
Be careful lol that stuff can take over.
Nice display of items from your area. Cool pendant even though water worn.
BTW that is a real pot.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8894.webp
    IMG_8894.webp
    80.8 KB · Views: 117
I have been studying primitive pottery of late. Years ago we replicated the local pottery on the Tn Valley water shed from archeological records.. Poor attempt
. I am now looking at making the Hopi or Aztec poly-chrome..
Creek you have some nice items there. I was moving some stuff in my storage shed and found a cooler full of pottery and a tupper ware tote of blades and preforms. I then came across a lot of stuff Steve Larson sent me.
Be careful lol that stuff can take over.
Nice display of items from your area. Cool pendant even though water worn.
BTW that is a real pot.
Some beauties in that drawer
 
Is the round item you posted last a pipe? If so it is similar to one a friend of mine had.
 
Here are 2 from NW N.C. and a bowtie axe from Fla. also a greenstone adze from fla.
 

Attachments

  • Resized_20231220_235913_4525.webp
    Resized_20231220_235913_4525.webp
    419.8 KB · Views: 80
  • axe-2.webp
    axe-2.webp
    146.3 KB · Views: 86
  • Resized_20231221_000037_5427.webp
    Resized_20231221_000037_5427.webp
    350.5 KB · Views: 84
  • Resized_20231221_000049_5964.webp
    Resized_20231221_000049_5964.webp
    106.7 KB · Views: 83

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom